Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

1st gen XV adding side mirror

Model Years 2012 to 2017 
2K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  AstroKats 
#1 ·
Curious if anyone has successfully swapped the blinker side mirrors into their 1st gen. I’ve got a 2013 limited.
Peripheral Table Input device Output device Material property

See less See more
#2 ·
I had a '14 Premium and tried this. Added the wires through the mirror to the connector. Problem was the power needed was missing from the main door harness so they did not work. The wires were there in the door but at the body harness connector in the kickpanels, they were missing on the body side. I would imagine yours being a '13 would not have the wires either. I'm sure it is posted on here but that was about 8 years ago.

Being yours is a Limited with the color MFD, there is a slight chance that the wiring may be different. You'd have to look up the wiring diagram and test with a meter to see if your door has power at the connector to work the lights.

#4 ·
Is your car orange? If so, I've got the mirror caps and lights if you find there is power and you are interested. You would have to make the harness from the mirror connector to the lights though. Need 2 connectors and a couple pins. It's been years but the info is here somewhere. First thing though is to see if it there is power in the door.

#7 ·
Ok. Check things out first and update. The covers just pop off but you have to be careful not to break the little plastic clips.

As I remember, the wires were in the doors but if you pull the kickplate off and look at the body connector, they were missing on the body side. I was always going to get pins and try to add them but got discouraged trying to find a power source so it never happened. Hopefully not an issue with your limited. :)

#9 ·
Ok, I have a '14 Sport Limited. You can say it's half-wired. The doors have the harness to plug it in BUT from where the door plugs in at the kick panel, to the blinker module, the cables are missing there. I remember reading a while back that some cars were like this and some were all wired. I will wire the bulk harness but need the schematics to see which to tap at the module. Does anyone know where the blinker module is under the dash?
And I could take the mirror scalps and light since he already has them.

#16 ·
Well, a ton of progress was made. Yes the wiring was to the switch but there was no power. Not exactly sure why Subaru included the wires in some models vs others 🤷‍♂️. I made a harness to go from the blinkers to the switch, I then tapped into the turn signal wires in each door to the blinker relay.

I also decided to cut my stock caps (keep stock color or paint them black?)

Automotive side-view mirror Grille Hood Automotive lighting Vehicle

Attachments

#17 ·
I was able to finally able to power up the blinkers. I connected to the door harness and at the kick panel on the passenger and driver side, I added a pin for the signal wire from a cut harness from a car at the junker (the ground is already connected) and from the connector, route to 20pin plug in the fuse box, right above the fuses and you will see the gray one (passenger) in pin #3 and the white/red (driver) in pin #20. Super easy to install if you are tech-savvy.
Door harness:
Finger Electrical wiring Electronic engineering Thumb Electronic component

Missing pin:
Electrical wiring Personal protective equipment Electric blue Audio equipment Carmine

Installed pin:
Electrical wiring Cable Wire Electronic component Electrical supply

Fuse box and location of white/red (L) and gray (R):
Gadget Audio equipment Gas Automotive lighting Electrical wiring

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.