Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
XV Crosstrek 2014 Premium 2.0i 6MT
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I was looking at parts intercompatibility and according to this website, the 1st gen manual XV came with the same CV axles as the WRX/STI:

Does that mean that I should never expect them to break since they are way overkill for our power level?
Does that mean that the Crosstrek could go up to 300hp on those axles?

I don't know but a man can dream...

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Subarus have always been interchangeable Legos.
Smart on Subaru to be able to use lots of common parts between various models.
Yes! That's one of the things I like the most about Subarus. I usually would have expected the car to be compatible with axles from more powerful models, but in this case we already got the ''good stuff'' from factory. I was worried that the axles wouldn't be able to follow if I launched the car too hard or if I went with power adder mods, not anymore! 😃

·
Registered
789 Posts
might work out for you that you're lowered. just do a quick search on here for 'cv axles' and there are numerous threads of premature replacements in the earlier Treks.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
might work out for you that you're lowered. just do a quick search on here for 'cv axles' and there are numerous threads of premature replacements in the earlier Treks.
Yeah I know and it is exactly why I was worried about their reliability in spirited driving conditions, but it's kind of hard to know exactly what is going on in these posts. Most of them don't specify if the issues are with CVT or manual transmission and if suspension is stock or lifted(popular mod).

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
CVT and manual models have different axles and the CVT ones aren't listed as compatible with WRX/STI. So, if someone with a manual first gen was planning on upgrading their axles to WRX ones, they already have them!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts