Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

'19 Crosstrek Hybrid Price Paid Thread

Hybrid model year 2019 and newer 
9K views 28 replies 13 participants last post by  subarufitz 
#1 ·
Much like other Subaru forums, thought I'd start this thread for confirmed and prospective buyers of the new Crosstrek Hybrid model. Please post the details of what you paid for your new Crosstrek Hybrid in the format below.

Date Purchased:

Options/Accessories:

MSRP:

Invoice Price:

Negotiated Price before Tax/Title/License (TTL):

Price Out The Door (OTD):

State and city location:

Dealer:

#14 ·
That’s not fair. As consumers, we pay the lowest possible price, and they sell at the highest possible price.

These cars are very low quantity right now, and dealers are taking advantage of it. Until this clears up in 3-6 months, expect to pay much more... but it will clear up.

#12 · (Edited)
Date Purchased: 6/20/19

Options/Accessories: None

MSRP: $34,995

Invoice Price: $32,877

Negotiated Price before Tax/Title/License (TTL): $33,077

Price Out The Door (OTD): $31,073.16 (includes $4,000 trade-in and $500 NYSERDA rebate)

State and city location: Syracuse, NY

Dealer: Romano Subaru

The above is for a factory-requested 2020 model. I will likely not receive (or pay for it, aside from the deposit) until December-February. The dealership can't even order it yet.

There are a few dealers in the area that are discounting below the MSRP, as they aren't selling very well in my market. Bill Rapp Subaru is another. However, the colors/options aren't something I'm interested in. Give me that gorgeous lagoon blue pearl!

#13 ·
I should be getting my 2019 any day now! Dealer said the system showed 6/28 as delivery, so hopefully that's true. I got the Crosstrek without the moonroof package (ordered March 15th) in Lagoon Blue Pearl! As soon as I get it, I'm going to wash it, remove the wax, and apply a ceramic coating!

#16 ·
Wife picked hers up yesterday from Kirby Subaru in Ventura CA. Paid MSRP with no additional add ons other than tax and license. Some other SoCal dealers are selling at MSRP but adding things like paint protectors and dealer installed alarms, not for me, and they add up to $1,500.

We ordered this car, the cool blue color, sunroof stereo heated steering wheel package, plus we got some options like self dimming homelink mirror, self dimming side mirrors with the led puddle lights, interior led lights, footwell illumination, all weather mats and maybe a couple of more things. 39,800.

My wife loved her 2016 Crosstrek, favorite car ever. She came that from an E350 Mercedes which drove outstanding but was a money pit. Gave her 2016 Crosstrek to our daughter a year ago as daughter is in college first in western MA for undergrad, now going to Golden CO School of Mines for grad.

The 2019 subi is much nicer than the 2016. So much quieter, great Navi system, super comphy. Safety items are great, now in stop and go traffic you can go to full stop, hit a button, and move again.

Build quality of this car looks perfect. Perhaps because it is assembled in Japan?

Can’t say enough about how nice the folks are out at Kirby Subaru. Our sales guy Scotty is top notch and knows everything about the car, which is saying a lot. Gave us the info for our $4,500 federal tax credit and how to get the car pool lane stickers.

Scotty says Kirby is sold out of their 2019 allocation, so the thing to do would be order a 2020. I would have confidence Scotty could get that done.

Scotty says Kirby has sold out their allocation for 2019, so the thing to do would be order a 2020.

#19 · (Edited)
Much like other Subaru forums, thought I'd start this thread for confirmed and prospective buyers of the new Crosstrek Hybrid model. Please post the details of what you paid for your new Crosstrek Hybrid in the format below.

Date Purchased: August 5, 2019

Options/Accessories: Standard white 2019 Subaru Crosstrek PHEV

MSRP: $34,995

Invoice Price:

Negotiated Price before Tax/Title/License (TTL): $27,700 (with $8,100 trade in)

Price Out The Door (OTD):$30,767 with tax, registration and 36 mo service plan, 80,000 mile warranty

State and city location: Wallingford CT

Dealer: Quality Subaru

Dealer said this car had been on the lot, many people were taken aback by the $7000 upcharge for the plug in hybrid. However, will get $5000 back in state and federal rebates, expect to save about $1000 a year in gas (I have solar panels so electricity is free to me), have a short 10 mile round trip commute so most of my driving will be EV. So far I've driven 75 miles since buying the car, all of it has been electric. The MySubaru app reports that with my short commutes over the past 3 days, I'm averaging 102.2 MPG! The car is fantastic, smooth ride, great finishes, cool PHEV electronics. I'm having a lot of fun and hope to enjoy many years in this great car, mostly run off the power of the sun!

#21 · (Edited)
Date Purchased: 9/25/19

Options/Accessories: #02 Pkg (Navi/HK/MR/HSW), Auto Dimming Compass Mirror, Rear Bumper Cover, Splash Guards and All-Weather Floor Liners. Dealer installed Dimming Side Mirrors w/ Approach Lights.

MSRP: $39,454 (Dealer installed + window sticker, includes delivery of $895)

Invoice Price:

Negotiated Price before Tax/Title/License (TTL):
$35,425
(before -$500 NYS, -$4,502 Fed rebates)

Price Out The Door (OTD): $38,188.47
(includes lease fees, taxes, DMV, doc, other fees, but before -$500 NYS, -$4,502 Fed rebate)

State and city location: Hicksville, NY

Dealer: Grand Prix Subaru

#23 ·
$30k after rebates/credit for the only true AWD PHEV on the road. Seems like a steal.

I don’t select cars to save money on gas. That’s just an added bonus.

I’d get another Tesla, but wanted to save money on one car payment. Model Y is a year out and we will trade in the Model 3.

#26 ·
Agreed. I got the car without the sunroof package to save that $2500, so my price out the door was under $30k (equiv. to a Subaru Legacy) and I wanted a smaller car because it's mostly commutes for me and my wife has a RAV4 for longer hauls.

To me, it's worth the money. I traded in my 2015 Legacy and the overall price after trade was $16k. The fact that I can go up to 22mi on a charge and my commute is 17mi total, I'm all electric every day. I've had the car for 3 months now and have only filled the gas tank once (after buying the car with a full tank already). I'm easily getting 1000mi in between fill-ups.

Cost-wise, my electric charging cost is around $20 per month, so that's a ton better than having to buy gas at over $40 every other week. The cost per mile is half of what I had with my old Legacy.

#27 ·
2020 Crosstrek Hybrid

Date Purchased: 12/16/2019

Options/Accessories: None

MSRP: $36,155

Invoice Price: $34,026

Negotiated Price before Tax/Title/License (TTL): $33,500 (no trade in)

Price Out The Door (OTD): Doc fee was $50 and sales tax is determined by the county of your primary residence.

State and city location: Salem, Oregon

Dealer: Capitol Subaru (Kisty R. Salesperson)

#29 ·
Date Purchased: 08/22/20 (new, ~100 miles from dealer trade)

Options/Accessories: Option Package 2A, moonroof, heated seats/steering wheel, factory-installed wheel locks (not aftermarket....), navigation, ext/int auto dimm HL Mirrors, floor lingers, LED, map/dome lights, bumper cover, all-weather floor liners, cargo net, splash gar, sunshade, side sill plate

MSRP: $39,610

Invoice Price: $36,700

Negotiated Price before Tax/Title/License (TTL): $35,500

Price Out The Door (OTD): $35,500 + tax, title

State and city location: Fullerton, CA

Dealer: Ocean

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.