Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Got a crazy annoying issue with my 2017 Crosstrek.
The driver's rear suspension is making a clicking sound when going over bumps. It's specifically centered around the driver's side. Speed makes no difference, nor does stepping on the brakes. The only thing I have noticed that makes a significant difference is temperature. When it's cold out (below freezing) the smallest bump in the road causes the noise. When it's warm out, it's only larger bumps and sometimes it won't do it at all.
The car is still under warranty, so I could take it to the dealer. I just prefer not to have to play shuffle the cars if this is potentially just a loose bolt somewhere.
Please let me know if I can give any more information to help out!

Thanks.

·
Registered
44 Posts
That's what warranties are for.
I know it's a PITA to go to the dealer but if it is a loose bolt and further damage is caused while that bolt was loose...it'll be on record for possible future issues.
Weren't wheel bearings an issue in some models?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fair point about future issues.
I don't believe it's a wheel bearing issue, but I suppose it is worth getting checked out. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the same problem! Exact. Brought it in and they changed the rear strut and said all was good. All wasn’t good. As soon as I went over a speed bump the same noise is still there. Had same problem with 2012 Outback. No one could figure it out. I guess it’s just a Subaru issue. Just gonna live with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts