Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I'm new here so bare with me! I have a 2018 crosstek limited. I want to get some 16inch wheels and put on 215/70/16's AT tires. My question is what offset range should I be looking for in a 16inch wheel?

Thanks for any help!
-Ryan

·
Registered
11 Posts
The offset on your 18" OEM wheels is 55 mm. If going to 16" wheels you need to make sure there's enough clearance for the brakes inside the rim.
Here's a comparison of the two tire and wheel sizes:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Marty! Yeah I'm just trying to figure out if the offset has to be like 40mm and less or what the offset range is for 16inch wheels.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I think different manufacturer have different Offsets.
For example, Sparco has 2 offsets for the 16" wheel.
a +35mm and +50mm.

I have some +35mm and don't have any issues with the calipers. Other people run the +50mm and haven't seen any reported issues.

What Tire are you considering?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah i have been looking at all different kinds of 16inch wheels. Thats why i have been trying to find what range of offset i need to stay within. I am going to be going with 215/70/16 general grabber at2's.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ryan - Great question, I spent a fair bit of time reading many posts on the forum before finally getting the 16" x 7" Sparco Terra's (removed decals) and the 215/70/16 KO2's. They had two options for offset, 35mm and 50mm. After a lot of going back and forth, I got the 50mm offset which closely matched the original spacing. The 35mm spacing sets the tires out quite a bit, looks nice, but would either chip the paint over time or need mud flaps which I didn't want to put on. (Note the offset requirement changes depending on the width of the wheels.) Good luck!

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
After much research I went with Yokohama Geolander A/T G05 225/70R 16 mounted on Motegi MR139 16x7.5" wheels with 40mm offset from Tire Rack.com on my MY18 Crosstrek Premium. I used Wheel-Size.com to figure out the best solution to what I wanted to do. First of all I did not want to do what everyone else was doing i.e. 15" Methods and 215mm wide BFG KO2's. I like to be my own person. Second, I wanted to fix the 2mph speedo error my car had when compared to GPS. So, my combination gives me a distinctive look. The tires aren't too heavy nor too aggressive (noisy), but give me the added off road ability I was looking for. They also added .4" ground clearance for a total of 9.1" without the need of a lift kit. I have absolutely no clearance or rubbing problems, even when turning fully locked. And my speedo is now dead on. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys! Yeah I dont want to be like most people and get Method wheels. I want to do something different.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts