Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Window

Very much wish we could get stuff like this馃槙. I love the look of the wheels and gunmetal trim. Kinda looks like what the sport model should be in America. Also displays great features the JDM models have like the front cameras mounted to the mirrors 馃槥 (I know it only displays on the info screen above the main one but still).

Registered
2019 Crosstrek Plug-in Hybrid
Is that a darker version of the limited wheels?
Doesn't look like it. Looks like the only real difference is the camera on the passenger mirror, the camera on the grill, and the wheels. It's also got the same flush-mounted roof rails that my plug-in hybrid has. Wonder if the headlight washers come standard overseas too.

Registered
None of that stuff interests me. I only wish we had memory seats...
Agreed! I rarely use my washer fluid (and never use it for the rear wiper). I'm curious what the front and mirror cameras do for the Crosstrek. Front camera would be nice for trail driving.

Registered
2019 Subaru Crosstrek Limited
None of that stuff interests me. I only wish we had memory seats...
Euro-spec Crosstrek's have them, and so do the Asian-spec models as well if I'm not mistaken. Maybe they'll add it for the redesign in North America.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Euro-spec Crosstrek's have them, and so do the Asian-spec models as well if I'm not mistaken. Maybe they'll add it for the redesign in North America.
Yea but then they鈥檒l do like a 360 cam on foreign models馃檮. Subaru feels the need to reserve the best features for others (which I understand in some aspects)

Registered
Yea but then they鈥檒l do like a 360 cam on foreign models馃檮. Subaru feels the need to reserve the best features for others (which I understand in some aspects)
Which is strange because the US is 70% of their sales (maybe all of North America, I forget).

Administrator
2021 Crosstrek Limited, Pure Red
It probably just boils down to where Subaru sees their market segment as being in various countries ... if buyers in a particular market see Subaru as being more of a prestige vehicle, they'll want the extra add-ons. It's seen as more of a mainstream brand in the US, so some of the extras don't get added here to keep the price more competitive.

That said, I'm betting we'll get a 360 cam of some sort in the next-generation Crosstrek ...

Prefers black cats
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
It probably just boils down to where Subaru sees their market segment as being in various countries ... if buyers in a particular market see Subaru as being more of a prestige vehicle, they'll want the extra add-ons. It's seen as more of a mainstream brand in the US, so some of the extras don't get added here to keep the price more competitive.

That said, I'm betting we'll get a 360 cam of some sort in the next-generation Crosstrek ...
Yep, in the UK it's definitely seen as a luxury brand, with a price to match. It doesn't help that sales tax is 20%...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts