Auxiliary Battery Model - Page 6

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum – General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Auxiliary Battery Model

I'm having the same issue! Has anyone had any long term experience good or bad with these 2 cheaper alternative batteries??? Duracell Ultra Platinum AGM BCI Group S46B24R Car and Truck Battery https://www.batteriesplus.com/productdetails/sli51pagm or Optima 46B24R Prius Yellow Top Starting Battery OPT8171-767 https://www.batteriesplus.com/replac...4r/opt8171=767

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by abbylizb View Post
    I'm having the same issue! Has anyone had any long term experience good or bad with these 2 cheaper alternative batteries??? Duracell Ultra Platinum AGM BCI Group S46B24R Car and Truck Battery https://www.batteriesplus.com/productdetails/sli51pagm or Optima 46B24R Prius Yellow Top Starting Battery OPT8171-767 https://www.batteriesplus.com/replac...4r/opt8171=767
    Before deciding on a replacement battery, have you tested the original one to see if the battery is actually faulty?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Hi all. Yes, apologies for resurrecting this thread but this is the only place I've found that discusses this issue in helpful detail. My EV mode crapped out, $1000 quote from dealer, bought the Duracell from Batteries+. Installed new start/stop battery and it still shows hybrid and battery light and will not go into EV mode. Any suggestions?! Thank you!
    Welcome to the forum!

No worries about resurrecting an old thread as that's what keeps things in one place.

Did the dealer say that it was the battery that needed to be replaced? Also, did you test that Duracell battery to see if it's actually working? Yes, it's new but that doesn't mean that there wasn't a factory defect.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Yes, the dealer said I needed a new start stop battery. I'm taking back the battery I bought at Battery plus to have them check it. My wife is stranded out in the cold and snow right now, the car won't even start now. F$&k Subaru

Yes, Subaru confirmed.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlouie View Post
    Before deciding on a replacement battery, have you tested the original one to see if the battery is actually faulty?

Just found this thread yesterday after the dealer replaced the Hybrid generator following fault codes. They also replaced the " Normal Battery "

Upon driving it home and realizing gas milage still is not back to normal and then I tested the EV mode in a parking lott and it was not working .

This morning went to Batteries plus like everyone mentioned and they installed the Stop/Start battery for $212 out the door , Started the car in the lott and immediate activated EV mode until I pulled into traffic and it re-started the engine like normal.

Car has 99,000 miles . 1,000 left on the extended warranty which the past 8 months I've had to use alot. Prettymuch all my wheel bearings went bad and some CVT part over Xmas which the part took 3 weeks to get .

Hello
    This just happened to my 2014 crosstrek. I called Subaru directly (1-800-SUBARU3) and told them about the problem. they called me back within an hour and offered to cover all the repair and replacement costs.

Hello
    Please ignore my previous post asking about the Duracell battery.
    I called Subaru directly (1-800-SUBARU3) and told them about the problem. They called me back within an hour and offered to cover all the repair and replacement costs.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6