Model Year 2018 and Newer Tyre Rotation TPMS

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum – General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Curare

Thread: Tyre Rotation TPMS

Tyre Rotation TPMS

Hi All
    A response from Subaru Australia re an enquiry regarding tyre rotation and its effect on the TPMS system: cut and pasted from an email I sent them

Dear ######

Thank you for contacting Subaru Australia.

We have referred your enquiry to our technical team who have confirmed that the TPMS detects how far away the sensor (in the tyre) is away from the control module and determines which wheel is where. No calibration or relearning is required during tyre rotation.

If you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact our office.

Warm Regards

#########
    Customer Case Manager
    Subaru (Aust) Pty Limited
    4 Burbank Place Norwest NSW 2153
    T 1800 226 643
    E [email protected]
    subaru.com.au

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Banned
    My TPMS stopped working a few weeks ago while on a long trip, non of them are sensing anymore. Even took it to the dealership and their machines won't sense the sensors. They told me you should recalibrate after every wheel change, such as tires or rotation. Not sure how true this is, but just thought i'd drop my experience by and see if anyone else has had any other thoughts. I'm currently waiting on warranty to replace all 4 sensors, but I've got a gut feeling it's the actual computer messing up, as they were all working just fine on my trip right before they decided to stop working.

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4.subi View Post
    My TPMS stopped working a few weeks ago while on a long trip, non of them are sensing anymore. Even took it to the dealership and their machines won't sense the sensors. They told me you should recalibrate after every wheel change, such as tires or rotation. Not sure how true this is, but just thought i'd drop my experience by and see if anyone else has had any other thoughts. I'm currently waiting on warranty to replace all 4 sensors, but I've got a gut feeling it's the actual computer messing up, as they were all working just fine on my trip right before they decided to stop working.
    i'm on my third set of tires and second set of wheels and I have never recalibrated my sensors. they work fine.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4.subi View Post
    I think your gut is probably correct. I also doubt there’s any need to recalibrate. They probably don’t see the sensors because they are just connecting with their scan tool which is picking up the numbers from the computer... versus a local sensor reader.