Model Year 2018 and Newer 215 vs 235 ko2 BFGoodrich

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum – General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: 215 vs 235 ko2 BFGoodrich

215 vs 235 ko2 BFGoodrich

I keep going back and forth between the 215 and 235 ko2's. Part of me wants the more rugged look of the 235, but then I keep thinking about rubbing and Mpg loss.

Getting a 1.5" lift and my wheels will be pretty light at 14 lbs each, so on the plus side I can get away with the 4 lbs increase between the 235 and 215.

Does anyone have experience with both of these tires in terms of mpg difference between the 2? And also how noticeable is the difference in look between the 2? What about driving in pavement?

235 are cheaper than the 215 and look better.

215 will match oem size, better mpg (how much?), won't rub at all, probably better while driving on pavement.

Anyone with side by side pics? Hard to search when there's a minimum of 4 letters/numbers (can't search for ko2, 215, 235).

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Richardpryor View Post
    I keep going back and forth between the 215 and 235 ko2's. Part of me wants the more rugged look of the 235, but then I keep thinking about rubbing and Mpg loss.

Getting a 1.5" lift and my wheels will be pretty light at 14 lbs each, so on the plus side I can get away with the 4 lbs increase between the 235 and 215.

Does anyone have experience with both of these tires in terms of mpg difference between the 2? And also how noticeable is the difference in look between the 2? What about driving in pavement?

215 will match oem size, better mpg (how much?), won't rub at all, probably better while driving on pavement.

Anyone with side by side pics? Hard to search when there's a minimum of 4 letters/numbers (can't search for ko2, 215, 235).

pretty sure tire weight is more detrimental to performance than wheel weight, and wouldn't the 215s also go on the same wheels? if you go for "The Look" what will you do for a spare?

personally I went for even lighter 215s but if I had went with KOs I would have done like my buddy Rick.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZB...u1WCZAJuNNNYww

Spare isn't really an issue. I can't remember the last time I changed a flat. I have free towing with one of my cc so if it happens, I'm covered.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Spare isn't really an issue. I can't remember the last time I changed a flat. I have free towing with one of my cc so if it happens, I'm covered.
    I guess you don't plan to off road your crosstrek? many place I go there are no tow trucks or even cell service. you better be self-sufficient.

here is a tire calculator that will show you the tire differences, just plug in your desired tire sizes.

https://tiresize.com/calculator/

what wheels are you planning on? that's lighter than the wheels I've researched.

@upinthehillscasey I’m going with the black rhino Rumble wheels.

@erader hardly any.
    oh nice! I was looking at the Black Rhino Boxer because there were pretty light compared to other wheels... but those are even lighter!

Quote Originally Posted by erader View Post
    pretty sure tire weight is more detrimental to performance than wheel weight, ....
    Nope, unsprung weight is unsprung weight regardless if it is tire, rim caliper, disc or any other bit not carried by the springs. This site is Mustang focused but does a decent job of discussing the issue.
    Old Wizened Goat
    "Griselda"
    2019 Limited #21
    Cool Grey Khaki

Neither "Khaki" or "Grey", but definitely is "Cool"

Im running 215/75-15 on Method 502's at stock height and mine rub pretty good on my RokBlok mud flaps when turning in reverse, so 235's will certainly rub

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast