Applies to All Model Years 16" wheel options

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum – General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: 16" wheel options

16" wheel options

Anyone gone for 16" wheels? BFG makes a 215/70x16, which has the same OD as the OEM 225/60x17's on my new 2019.

I like the KO2's but think the 15" wheels are overkill unless you're really getting into the rough stuff.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

I bought sparco terra 16" wheels for my crosstrek. they come in two different offsets. one offset is almost the same as stock, which is what I have. the sparcos are much lighter than stock or KOs and also cheaper than the latter. I run Yokohama G015s AT tires. overall size is same as OEM, and 2 lbs lighter per corner than stock...… (don't know sizes and offset off the top of my head)

so I have a lighter than stock set-up with more sidewall and much better off-road capability and durability with only a slight hit to MPG -- about a mile per gallon. no need for aftermarket mudflaps which i think look hideous. plus I can continue to use my OEM spare.

also, you have a better selection of tires at 16" compared to 15 or 17 and I find the 16" sidewall height to be perfect for street/offroad.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

That's perfect. Sounds like a nice setup. Got any pictures?

I've been eyeing the Motegi Racing. Think the black/red looks good on my dark grey.
    subie.jpg

Thanks for your help erader

For those of you in Canada Looking to purchase Sparco Terra's Partsengine.ca has a sale until May 15- 2019 get an additional 5 % off All Sparco rims

I am going to call Mon and order a Matte Black 16" set of (4) Free Shipping in Canada, the tires I have selected are
    Nokian Rotiiva A/T 215-70-R16 On sale now at Kal Tire BC ( extra $ 50/ set of 4)

https://www.kaltire.com/en/tires/rot...s#productSizes

I still have a set of Mich X ice 3 on steel rims in case a Real Winter is forecast for 2019 ( who knows anymore) easily switched out as req'd, might as well run them until they are worn out

I will post photo's of Tigger with her New booties on as soon as I get them

Troutbum
    “Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not living in eternity. We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand--and melting like a snowflake...”
    Francis Bacon

2018 Sunshine Orange Cross Trek Sport (Can) 6 MT "Tigger"

Quote Originally Posted by troutbum View Post
    Thanks for your help erader

For those of you in Canada Looking to purchase Sparco Terra's Partsengine.ca has a sale until May 15- 2019 get an additional 5 % off All Sparco rims

I am going to call Mon and order a Matte Black 16" set of (4) Free Shipping in Canada, the tires I have selected are
    Nokian Rotiiva A/T 215-70-R16 On sale now at Kal Tire BC ( extra $ 50/ set of 4)

https://www.kaltire.com/en/tires/rot...s#productSizes

I still have a set of Mich X ice 3 on steel rims in case a Real Winter is forecast for 2019 ( who knows anymore) easily switched out as req'd, might as well run them until they are worn out

I will post photo's of Tigger with her New booties on as soon as I get them

Troutbum

troutbum, do you have a 2013-17 model? If yes, is it lifted? Do you need to trim any of the black body cladding or wheel well liner?

Just wondering, because I would love to run 215/70r16 Nokian Rotivas or other Nokian tires in that size on my '17 with no suspension mods. It just looks like the clearance in the rear wheel wells are to tight for a 27.9" tire.

Thanks in advance.
    2017 Crosstrek Crystal White Pearl Limited w/ EYESIGHT
    Subaru Blue Filter - Castrol Edge Full-Synthetic 5W30 oil

The other blue oval.

Silly me, I see your signature says 2018 model.
    2017 Crosstrek Crystal White Pearl Limited w/ EYESIGHT
    Subaru Blue Filter - Castrol Edge Full-Synthetic 5W30 oil

The other blue oval.

Quote Originally Posted by Trekaroo View Post
    Silly me, I see your signature says 2018 model.
    No problem

17 " wheels on car, OE = 27.64 " rolling diam, erader has installed 215-65-16, Yokohama's A/T Go15 on his, but these are Not available in Canada, so my quest is to find something close to the 27.64 " OE size, not easy.

The closet I can find of any brand is the Nokian Rotiiva 215-65-16 = 27.0 so .64 smaller, sure it will fit, But speedo operation ?? Then the Rotiiva 215-70-16 = 27.9 or 0.26 " larger so speedo op will be negligible ...

My thought is to go with the 215-70-16 0.26 Larger

** Update found another source for Sparco Terra slighter more $ but still have stock, seems new pricing/stock with [email protected]#*$$^ will be north of $ 325 Canadian ** Will see if supplier has stock **

Troutbum
    Last edited by troutbum; 05-16-2019 at 06:15 PM. Reason: updated info
    “Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not living in eternity. We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand--and melting like a snowflake...”
    Francis Bacon

2018 Sunshine Orange Cross Trek Sport (Can) 6 MT "Tigger"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast