Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

How to use Autel TS408 TPMS device on a 2019?

Model Years 2018 to 2023 
6K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  ShokGoblr 
#1 ·
Has anyone used the Autel TS408 TPMS device to relearn their wheels on a 2019? I picked up the device because it is the only manufacturer offering Subaru programming.
I have never used this before and I am not sure if i have it figured out correct. It seems the only way to relearn your wheels after a tire rotation is to manually copy the HEX key from the original wheel and then use the device to copy that HEX key to the new wheel?

If anyone has tried or can offer insight I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

#2 ·
I used the ATEQ quickset reset tool for my new wheels. The program has an option to switch the tires when you rotate them. I don't think the crosstrek has an issue when you rotate though. Did that change in 2019? Unless you mean like rotate summer and winter. The ATEQ actually has summer and winter buttons for easy swapping. Not much help but can you return your Autel?

#4 · (Edited)
I just picked up the Autel TS508. probably similar in operation, although the TS408 does not have an OBDII port/cable for relearning like the 508, which worked fine to relearn my Method wheels on my 2019 Limited with Schrader EZ sensors (same as OEM). Be sure to check Autel website for Firmware updates. You simply scan the sensors, and then download to the ECM with the OBDII cable included after installing and/or rotating. I believe your only option with the 408 is to clone OEM sensors to Autel MX sensors.

Write-up here:

https://www.subaruxvforum.com/forum/wheels-tires/173976-autel-ts508-tpms-tool-2019-crosstrek.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.