Model Year 2012 to 2017 New rims/offset question and advice - Page 2

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum – General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: New rims/offset question and advice

Quote Originally Posted by erader View Post
    I say wheel but rim is also used. whether it's "correct"... i'll leave it up to the scholars.
    Yeah, there are a lot of slang misuses like that. Some people call a computer a CPU, for example. People understand what they mean from context, but it makes them sound ignorant. Better to use the correct word.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dwasifar View Post
    Yeah, there are a lot of slang misuses like that. Some people call a computer a CPU, for example. People understand what they mean from context, but it makes them sound ignorant. Better to use the correct word.
    actually you sound more ignorant than the guy who said rims. just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by erader View Post
    actually you sound more ignorant than the guy who said rims. just saying.
    Knowing what words mean is ignorant?

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Dwasifar; I believe you missed the context in which Erader meant the word “ignorant” in his response to your post on wheels vs rims & computer vs cpu. I’d wadger his context was based on your choice word “ignorant” rather than an unassuming adjective/adverb such as unaware’. The analogy you’ve chosen “computer vs CPU was not of a cohesive logistical standard poetic flow either. As such an air of self-righteous meddling condescension surrounded and may even have penetrated the conversational topic of wheel offsets. As well “Computer vs CPU” reference may have bordered on unoriginal ignorance. Of course I don’t know for sure what Erader was eluding to as I had to peek over the rim into the abyss from my point view. Just saying...
    Last edited by Defranz; 04-14-2019 at 04:09 AM. Reason: Misspellings,yet unresolved punctuational issues

Quote Originally Posted by Defranz View Post
    Dwasifar; I believe you missed the context in which Erader meant the word “ignorant” in his response to your post on wheels vs rims & computer vs cpu. I’d wadger his context was based on your choice word “ignorant” rather than an unassuming adjective/adverb such as unaware’. The analogy you’ve chosen “computer vs CPU was not of a cohesive logistical standard poetic flow either. As such an air of self-righteous meddling condescension surrounded and may even have penetrated the conversational topic of wheel offsets. As well “Computer vs CPU” reference may have bordered on unoriginal ignorance. Of course I don’t know for sure what Erader was eluding to as I had to peek over the rim into the abyss from my point view. Just saying...
    https://www.pepboys.com/wheels/sby

Shopping for Rims, Wheels, and Tires

If you're looking to dress up your ride with some new rims, look no further than Pep Boys. Our wheel visualizer helps you see how you new wheels look on your car. We also offer truck rims and SUV rims. We sell a variety of finishes from alloy wheels, black rims, and 20 inch rims. If you're not sure what kind of wheel you're looking for, read up on our Proline Wheel Page. Be sure to shop tires to complete the look. Find the new wheels and tires you want, and get them installed at Pep Boys.

https://www.pepboys.com/tire-brands/proline-wheels

TYPE 186
    Proline Type 186S is a one-piece cast aluminum alloy wheel with a six-spoke design that is painted silver with machined detail. •These rims have a painted silver and machined finish
    •This alloy rim reflects a lustrous shine making your car look brand-new

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2