Model Year 2018 and Newer Best bang-for-the-buck TPMS - Page 2

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum – General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Best bang-for-the-buck TPMS

Just got word from my dealer that the only model that has TPMS in our country is the Levorg. And they can't install on others.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
    Just got word from my dealer that the only model that has TPMS in our country is the Levorg. And they can't install on others.

trade for the levorg and lift it ... jk

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by black86 View Post
    trade for the levorg and lift it ... jk

!!!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

!!!!

I'd do this in a heart beat if it came with a manual.

Right. But why can't I simply use third-party TPMS systems that don't interface with the car's ECU (in case my dealer won't help me, which is highly the case here)?

What do you mean by "integrated unit"?
    You can use a third party no problem. Body Integrated Unit (BIU), a.k.a BCM on some cars.

I recently purchased a TireMinder system for my new trailer. I don't have the trailer yet, so I have not used the product and can't comment on it. However, it seemed to have good reviews from the RV community and that's why I decided to try it. They are valve caps that screw on and read pressure and temperature back to a unit that mounts on your windshield. Just another option to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by gmoney999 View Post
    I recently purchased a TireMinder system for my new trailer. I don't have the trailer yet, so I have not used the product and can't comment on it. However, it seemed to have good reviews from the RV community and that's why I decided to try it. They are valve caps that screw on and read pressure and temperature back to a unit that mounts on your windshield. Just another option to consider.
    But those can be easily stolen, right? Aren't the ones that are installed the tires any better?

Kevin with a little bit of research I have done on our AU models....... not even sure if my 2016 (MY17) Premium ( american reference) has TPMS but im trying to find out if our Auzzie models do have it... short of letting the air out of one tire to see if it works ( I dont think its a model feature though) before the new MY18 reskin came along, which is why I am also asking here short of asking the dealer........ it is mentioned in owners manual that IF FITTED but pretty sure that means it is not....... therefore the Tire pressure sensors are literally not in side the tire.... and according to the Service Manual I bought there is a TPMS module located somewhere near fuel filler and I think it also is the keyless entry module combined??? if it has one Im thinking of adding sensors and then activate them with SSM system.............

this looks promising

Quote Originally Posted by Joffa View Post
    this looks promising

Yeah it does but how do I interface those with my car? How do I check if my car has the built-in TPMS but disabled? What is the SSM system?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast