Applies to All Model Years Falken Tire ZIEX ZE950 AS Tire - Questions Advise and Help

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum – General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!

Falken Tire ZIEX ZE950 AS Tire - Questions Advise and Help

Anyone hear of the - ZIEX ZE950 A/S TIRE | Falken Tire

Getting some tires put on today after I had a blow out on one of my rear passenger side tires. Crosstrek 2016 at 22,600 miles on it. Unfortunately I have to replace all 4 which kinda sucks. Just wondering if anyone knows anything about these tires or have tried them out. My good old reliable and very trustworthy mechanic recommended them to me and side I would like them. Just looking for some opinions here.

I originally wanted to get a meat er tire but wasn't recommended without a lift even though I have seen others here post about getting bigger meat tires without having issues. Another thing that has been debating in my head to was to keep the vehicle or not keep it. I got 1 and 1/2 years left and really looked at the 2018 and really like it. IMG_0489.jpg

Also of course buying tires from the dealership is like asking to get ripped off. But I went in to them and asked sense I was out there at the dealership for other reasons. They gave me this pitch stating I had to go with the OEM Generaold Yahohamma ones which where on there at about $198 a tire. Picture shows the original tire. Like hell I was going to pay almost $900 for 4 tires on a freaking lease vehicle which I may not keep
    o
    At this moment still in debate about keeping the vehicle and buying the lease out got 1 / 1/2 years left. Plus can't make to many mods on it have to keep it OEM to be able to remain under warrantee to for another 2 year I think I have left on it. (for the warrantee that is )

May keep this one and get the new one for the wife.

Anyway trying to see if anyone's has any experience with these tires and another viewpoint besides what I got from my mechanic lol. Pointers on tires

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Yes I have heard of them, here in the USA they are also called Falken G4 A/S at Discount Tire. Below is a review of the tire, good overall but a tad noisy.

https://tirereviewsandmore.com/falke...0-a-s-reviews/

A lower priced tire is the Nitto Motivo, good road manners and are quieter than the Falkens. I referred a friend to these tires and he loved them.

https://tirereviewsandmore.com/nitto-motivo-reviews/

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

I see your location is the UK, here in the States we have a great tire company called Discount Tire or America's Tire. They truly are the best tire company one can find, amazing tire prices and excellent after tire care with lifetime free balancing and rotation. Also at times they do not charge for flat fix either. They also have an online company Discount Tire Direct where there is no shipping charge nor sales tax.
    Last edited by Paul4Runner; 12-05-2017 at 01:22 AM.
    2018 Crosstrek Limited, Cool Gray Khaki. Name: Not Earl

Problems now with the TMPS sensor won't reset? any suggestions I've been reading that this has to be set by the dealer. Is this true still with the 2016? **** going to piss the dealer off. The guy already knows I was in there shopping for tires the other day and of course get you get the inflated dealer bs sales talk.

Thank you all for the great info! I appreciate it very much! Been looking at same Michelin tires but .............."the budget' is on the low side.......I'm sure you understand, thank you. I have looked at these as an alternative::

Falken SINCERA SN250 A/S TIRE https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tir...50-a-s/p/26764

I'd appreciate ANY and all comments on the these Falkens please from anyone with experience using them. Yes I know and AGREE and have used "Mr. Bib's" tires, (Michelin), and yes I agree they (for me are the bestest all season
    , highway, all weather tires. I mostly drive 90% highways, 10% dirt roads, some "bad" dirt roads. Have no need for snow tires here in the Southern Desert, Thank you all in advance!