Annoying pop-up

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum – General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Annoying pop-up

After the upgrade, every time I load a page an annoying pop-up shows up telling me about the app I can use to browse the forum.

Please talk to admin and fix this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

No popups or anything else here, probably some malware / plugin on your end.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

So how are you connecting? A cell (which kind?), a laptop, a desktop computer? I have never seen any popup either, but I connect on my iMac and my work Windows 7 computers. I had tried that Tap-a-talk, is it?, on my iPhone X and didn't like it so it was gone after a couple of uses
    2018 Crosstrek 2.0i Premium, Sunshine Orange w/ Eyesight, Moonroof, Homelink Mirror, Change Assist, Blindspot Detection, Whippet in cargo area

When I connect via my iPhone to Safari to read the list there is a pop up that urges me to download the app to read and post to the forum via a mobile app. But if I do download and launch it tells me it isn't supported in my region (the exotic outer reaches of Florida, USA.) Yes, it is annoying.
    Subaru Ambassador - 2017 Limited, Venetian Red Pearl, Eyesight, Nav, moonroof, keyless entry, auto dimming rear view mirror with Homelink and compass, pushbutton start, Kicker powered sub, rear JL Audio C2 525x coaxials, JL Audio C2-650 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System up front, under seat Alpine MRV-F300 4 channel amp

Quote Originally Posted by FLCrosstrekker View Post
    When I connect via my iPhone to Safari to read the list there is a pop up that urges me to download the app to read and post to the forum via a mobile app. But if I do download and launch it tells me it isn't supported in my region (the exotic outer reaches of Florida, USA.) Yes, it is annoying.

Hmm, I just tried that, in Safari typed the https://www.subaruxvforum.com/forum and hit Enter
    It took me into the forum with the Menu's 3 horizontal bars on the upper left. Clicking on them shows my username and a whole list of option to select, such as New Posts about 5 lines down. That took me into a list of New Posts and when I open one I see the post including the graphics. Forums Index is the first option and that works as well. No popup and I am in Safari, no question. iPhone X running IOS 12.2
    2018 Crosstrek 2.0i Premium, Sunshine Orange w/ Eyesight, Moonroof, Homelink Mirror, Change Assist, Blindspot Detection, Whippet in cargo area

No problems here with the website on Chrome or Tapatalk on my Android...
    In honor of Félicette, the first cat in space!

2018 Dark Grey Crosstrek Limited "Véronique", w/EyeSight, Nav, etc. (Packages #3 & #23) HU firmware Rel_U0.18.43.20

Yes it all works fine as long as you are logged in and in the mobile view. If you are logged out of mobile view it does have a pop up that says: This forum has a free app for iPhone Click OK to learn more about the Autoguide.com Free App.

If you are logged into the mobile view, leave mobile view and you will see it. You will remain logged into the site but be in the laptop viewing mode. I'm just saying I think this is what the OP is referring to. Y'all are seasoned pros here. The OP is new.
    Subaru Ambassador - 2017 Limited, Venetian Red Pearl, Eyesight, Nav, moonroof, keyless entry, auto dimming rear view mirror with Homelink and compass, pushbutton start, Kicker powered sub, rear JL Audio C2 525x coaxials, JL Audio C2-650 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System up front, under seat Alpine MRV-F300 4 channel amp

Quote Originally Posted by FLCrosstrekker View Post
    Yes it all works fine as long as you are logged in and in the mobile view. If you are logged out of mobile view it does have a pop up that says: This forum has a free app for iPhone Click OK to learn more about the Autoguide.com Free App.

If you are logged into the mobile view, leave mobile view and you will see it. You will remain logged into the site but be in the laptop viewing mode. I'm just saying I think this is what the OP is referring to. Y'all are seasoned pros here. The OP is new.
    It's also helpful to get some context...

If there's a problem, where is it happening, on which device, using which app or browser, etc.
    In honor of Félicette, the first cat in space!

2018 Dark Grey Crosstrek Limited "Véronique", w/EyeSight, Nav, etc. (Packages #3 & #23) HU firmware Rel_U0.18.43.20

Quote Originally Posted by Richardpryor View Post
    After the upgrade, every time I load a page an annoying pop-up shows up telling me about the app I can use to browse the forum.

Please talk to admin and fix this.
    Hello there,

Can you grab me a screenshot of this the next time this happens?
    I'll have a look into this.

Ed

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast