Subaru Forester Pros and Cons

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum – General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By TheKnack
  • 1 Post By domreaper

Thread: Subaru Forester Pros and Cons

Subaru Forester Pros and Cons

AutoGuide.com took the Subaru Forester on a 1000+ mile road trip in the thick of winter.

QUOTE:

Is the Subaru Forester a competent road trip vehicle or is it better relegated to errand-running closer to home? To answer this very question, I took a top-shelf Touring model on a long-weekend getaway with some close friends. The target was Munising, Michigan, an isolated small town on the Upper Peninsula’s weather-beaten northern shore. Round trip, this moderately long-haul adventure inflated the vehicle’s odometer by more than 1,000 miles, ample opportunity to get a real feel for how this crossover performs on extended drives.

Check out the full article here.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

My wife has an '18 ForesterXT the '19 XV is mine. Just different vehicles. Naturally the XT is a beast and the XV a kitten. I just enjoy both.

Strange, I thought we were on an XV/Crosstrek board

2018 Crosstrek 2.0i Premium, Sunshine Orange w/ Eyesight, Moonroof, Homelink Mirror, Change Assist, Blindspot Detection, Whippet in cargo area

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Interior looks sharp, but the "driver attention" thing would drive me bananas. I'm already on the verge of madness with the over-aggressive Lane keep Assist function (grrr) so would take a hard pass on the Eyesight system. Too bad...
    And yeah, it's underpowered for its new weight.

My wife has a 2017 Forester, living in Michigan, it plows thru the snow like a champ and is comfortable for long trips to the east coast of the US. Just curious, has anyone else noticed that the brake pads and alignment go to hell in a hand basket in an unusually soon?