Model Year 2018 and Newer no name build

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum – General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

no name build

I haven't really introduced myself here at all, just been making random posts here and there and asking a lot of questions.
    Figured since I'm doing a bunch of mods to my XV, I should share and document at the same time. I did this with my last Subaru, which was a 2006 STI, built engine w/ rotated turbo and all the goodies.

The Crosstrek is an amazing SUV and I really enjoy taking it on the trails! A recent move to CO inspired me to make it more of an off-road monster.

THE BUILD:

Subaru XV Crosstrek
    Purchased: March 13, 2018
    Model: Limited
    Miles: 7
    Color: DGM

Option Package: 22
    Moonroof
    EyeSight (RAB, HBA)

Package #2:
    Mirror compass w/ Homelink
    Rear Bumper Cover
    All weather mats
    Rear seat back protector
    Splash Guards
    LED Map and Dome lights

Additional Accessories from Dealer:
    Remote start
    Battery warmer/Engine warmer
    Mesh cargo net
    Upgraded sound system to Rockford Fosgate
    Window Deflectors
    Trailer Hitch
    Aero Crossbars
    Footwell Illumination kit
    Approach Lights in Mirror

Modifications:
    Tint: Front: 35% Windshield: Llumar AIR Blue 80%
    Uniden R3 hardwire w/ flat mute button (mute button hidden on parking brake)
    Blackvue 750s 2CH (front/rear) w/ Power Magic Pro for parking mode
    PMP installed in aftermarket “coin holder” in front of fuse panel in cabin
    Red LED (drivers Map light)
    LED in trunk
    LED reverse lights
    Dual Color LED Foglights (Amber/White)(deAuto LED company)(lifetime warranty)
    LED strips in trunk door (overhead light)
    LP Adventure 1.5” lift (installed at dealer)
    Method MR502 wheels 15”
    235/75/15 KO2 tires

UPcoming Mods:
    21.5” Lightbar from Lifetime LEDs (Dual color Amber/White)(lifetime warranty)
    Ditch lights from GG lighting (Dual color Amber/White)(lifetime warranty)
    SSD bar
    6 Panel Switch for AUX Lights (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

I'm currently working on the photos of the mods.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Id be interested in seeing the mute button for the radar. Ive also got a Uniden R3. It is hardwired and hanging from the rear view mirror, but Ive always got to reach up to mute/memory mute.

Quote Originally Posted by stupidchicken03 View Post
    Id be interested in seeing the mute button for the radar. Ive also got a Uniden R3. It is hardwired and hanging from the rear view mirror, but Ive always got to reach up to mute/memory mute.
    Just saw your comment. I'll snap some pictures soon and share them on here. I always forget about it until the radar bleeps. I just sent mine in to be warrantied. It was having random power downs. I'm not sure if its the radar itself or a bad hardwire, but I'm pretty sure it is wired correctly. Could be a bad hardwire kit IDK. Mine is hardwired to my dashcam. Do you think this could cause the random power downs because its tapped into the dashcam which is piggy backed to my fuse box? Just another thought....

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Shortly after getting the crosstrek, I took it to North Carolina to do some hiking and photography. What a great car this is for long distance trips. You can see the AirBlue 80 windshield tint. If you look closely you may be able to see my dashcam and radar.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by microsnook View Post
    Just saw your comment. I'll snap some pictures soon and share them on here. I always forget about it until the radar bleeps. I just sent mine in to be warrantied. It was having random power downs. I'm not sure if its the radar itself or a bad hardwire, but I'm pretty sure it is wired correctly. Could be a bad hardwire kit IDK. Mine is hardwired to my dashcam. Do you think this could cause the random power downs because its tapped into the dashcam which is piggy backed to my fuse box? Just another thought....
    Its possible that could be the issue.

Ive never had a single issue with mine powering down. It has its own power ran to the fuse box (my dash cam has its own power as well).

Its possible that could be the issue.

Ive never had a single issue with mine powering down. It has its own power ran to the fuse box (my dash cam has its own power as well).
    I'm thinkin it could be my wiring. Though I'm not sure why it would do this....
    Which hardwire kit are you running, Chicken? I have the Safe N sound one, w/ Red LED and flat mute button.

No worries.

Here is a quick snap of the hidden mute button. Right next to where my hand usually rests while driving. No reaching up. I hated this when I had my V1 and had to fix it in this car!
    No trim removed, I just used a wire hanger to route it through.
    EDIT: its right on the edge of the leather trim, on the e-brake.

Let me know if you need any other photos.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice and hidden.

Which mute button extension did you use?
    Its the safe n sound hard wire kit. It included the mute button, which made it easy. Hope that helps!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast