Model Year 2018 and Newer Docaťs XV: Stamford

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum – General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!

Page 1 of 51 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree194Likes

Thread: Docaťs XV: Stamford

Doca’s XV: Stamford

Toyed with starting a journal for a while now and because it won’t fit anywhere else, today is the day.

Today is a sad day. At the same time I was having fun with MSPaint

D684777F-37CB-4294-A87F-14636BB2BDE9.jpg

From here:

427C1146-C914-448D-9860-B419EFDE4CEB.jpg

Came this:

4F626F26-9198-4003-B6BE-E3430C4CDE35.jpg

That did this:

E90C1B01-C475-465F-A8E8-2B02B51E4856.jpg

Which resulted in this:

A61D421C-10DE-4D50-8F9B-CA163E3A7C24.jpg
    Last edited by Doca; 01-12-2018 at 11:46 PM.
    Audio mod manual: https://www.impreza5.com/forum/26-el...er-thread.html
    Crutchfield directions: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JV4...ub2Ssid9c/view

----

----
    18' Subaru Crosstrek "Stamford" - 29 Aug 17 -
    07' VW Rabbit "Bunny"- 4 Jan 07' - 30 Jun 17'
    94' Chev Beretta "Dirty B" - 24 Jun 96' - 4 Jan 07'
    85' Hyundai Stellar "Beast" - Mar 94' - Dec 95'

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

For those curious, the wafer thin paint that people have mentioned here has survived without a scratch.

----

----

Holy mackerel, Doca, I sure hope that invoice is in Canadian dollars, not USD! That's a mighty big ding to your check book for such a small repair, if you ask me.

I hope Stamford is doing okay and resting easy. ... shhh.gif ... nurse.gif ... doctor.gif ...

Gerry ... glasses-slip.gif

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel C View Post
    Holy mackerel, Doca, I sure hope that invoice is in Canadian dollars, not USD! That's a mighty big ding to your check book for such a small repair, if you ask me.
    I hope Stamford is doing okay and resting easy. ... shhh.gif ... nurse.gif ... doctor.gif ...
    Gerry ... glasses-slip.gif
    So sorry, Doca.

And Gerry, I don't think Stamford needs any ice applied to the injury...
    In honor of Félicette, the first cat in space!

2018 Dark Grey Crosstrek Limited "Véronique", w/EyeSight, Nav, etc. (Packages #3 & #23) HU firmware Rel_U0.18.43.20

So sorry to hear about the incident that happened to your car. I know from your posts that you take good care of your car. Sometimes whatever happens is out of our control. After you get it fixed, Stamford will be as good as new.

Holy Sorry to see this, I feel your pain

Hope it's fixed to your satisfaction

Troutbum
    “Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not living in eternity. We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand--and melting like a snowflake...”
    Francis Bacon

2018 Sunshine Orange Cross Trek Sport (Can) 6 MT "Tigger" 170-6x7 Fast Shibuya 42 mm Bronze wheels, Nokian Rotiiva AT 215-70-16 tires

"In loving memory of my partner of 40 years Tuula RIP Pooks"

So sorry Doca! Hopefully Stamford will be back to his old self in no time!

And....I hear the Quartz Blue Pearl paint is the most durable.

Thanks all. First dent I’ve ever gotten in a car.

Because it’s a Japanese car I asked if it was in yen. That’s wouldn’t have been so bad, like $15. The problem is the main impact was right on the contour line so they can’t just pop it out. Th job includes blending paint so now I have daymares of cutting and future issues.

The worse part is that it’s actially kinda hard to see with the naked eye and I’m at a point of conflict. Fix it when there’s no paint damage but maybe introduce a problem area later or, live with it and let it nag at me everyday.

He’s going to gets nice relaxing bath, inside and out, this weekend. Then ice cream... cars like ice cream, right?

Going through insurance because that’s what it’s there for. Down it’s down to pocket change for thr repair.
    Last edited by Doca; 01-13-2018 at 01:29 PM.

----

----

Quote Originally Posted by Doca View Post
    Thanks all. First dent I’ve ever gotten in a car.

Because it’s a Japanese car I asked if it was in yen. That’s wouldn’t have been so bad, like $15. The problem is the main impact was right on the contour line so they can’t just pop it out. Th job includes blending paint so now I have daymares of cutting and future issues.

The worse part is that it’s actially kinda hard to see with the naked eye and I’m at a point of conflict. Fix it when there’s no paint damage but maybe introduce a problem area later or, live with it and let it nag at me everyday.

He’s going to gets nice relaxing bath, inside and out, this weekend. Then ice cream... cars like ice cream, right?

Going through insurance because that’s what it’s there for. Down it’s down to pocket change for thr repair.
    Sadly, it may not be worth making an insurance claim, depending on your deductible and future increases in premium. Your insurance agent should be able to let you know what effect it would have.
    In honor of Félicette, the first cat in space!

2018 Dark Grey Crosstrek Limited "Véronique", w/EyeSight, Nav, etc. (Packages #3 & #23) HU firmware Rel_U0.18.43.20

500 deductible and no impact to rates, so I’ll save $850. I would have paid 500 to pop it out yesterday and been done with it. My biggest concern is that it’s not going to be a solid piece of factory sheet metal anymore.

----

----

Page 1 of 51 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast