Hybrid model year 2019 and newer Has anyone heard??

  1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum – General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

    Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!
     
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 56
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Has anyone heard??

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    12

    Has anyone heard??

    Hi all;

    Has anyone heard when the PHEV will start showing up in show rooms??

    We were looking at the Kia Niro PHEV.
    But we saw the Crosstrek PHEV at the LA Auto show and really like it.
    We want to purchase before the end of the year.

    Thanks.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member AstroKats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    4,905
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigNet View Post
    Hi all;

    Has anyone heard when the PHEV will start showing up in show rooms??

    We were looking at the Kia Niro PHEV.
    But we saw the Crosstrek PHEV at the LA Auto show and really like it.
    We want to purchase before the end of the year.

    Thanks.
    I checked with our dealer here in SM and they said January...
    In honor of Félicette, the first cat in space!

    2018 Dark Grey Crosstrek Limited "Véronique", w/EyeSight, Nav, etc. (Packages #3 & #23) HU firmware Rel_U0.18.43.20

  4. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigNet View Post
    Has anyone heard when the PHEV will start showing up in show rooms??
    I was told by a sales rep at the Palm Springs dealership that they won't have any until next fall (2019). That seems hard to believe, but perhaps that's the runaround that we can expect from sales people who want to sell us a car TODAY.

    Another one in Southern California told me it would be March.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    12
    To reply to my own thread...
    I contacted 44 dealers in California today.
    Most say that the order book opened less than a week ago.
    Most say that any orders today would arrive late January to mid February.
    Some say that they have Crosstrek Hybrids coming mid January.
    One said they would not have any until April-May.

  7. #5
    Senior Member AstroKats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    4,905
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigNet View Post
    To reply to my own thread...
    I contacted 44 dealers in California today.
    Most say that the order book opened less than a week ago.
    Most say that any orders today would arrive late January to mid February.
    Some say that they have Crosstrek Hybrids coming mid January.
    One said they would not have any until April-May.
    44? Wow! You must really want one...
    In honor of Félicette, the first cat in space!

    2018 Dark Grey Crosstrek Limited "Véronique", w/EyeSight, Nav, etc. (Packages #3 & #23) HU firmware Rel_U0.18.43.20

  8. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Corona, Ca
    Posts
    9
    The order book opened on Monday per my sales person and delivery was scheduled for February. I couldn't wait that long, because I'm loosing my company car at the end of the month and I pulled the trigger on a cool gray Limited. I was really torn on waiting, but after some research (very hard to find objective PHEV real world facts and figures) it was going to be a wash paying for the PHEV or gas.

  9. #7
    Senior Member AstroKats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    4,905
    Quote Originally Posted by jbfrez View Post
    The order book opened on Monday per my sales person and delivery was scheduled for February. I couldn't wait that long, because I'm loosing my company car at the end of the month and I pulled the trigger on a cool gray Limited. I was really torn on waiting, but after some research (very hard to find objective PHEV real world facts and figures) it was going to be a wash paying for the PHEV or gas.
    That's kind of the conclusion I came to, plus you lose some cargo space. Although, I haven't found out yet about the rebates, etc. here in CA.
    In honor of Félicette, the first cat in space!

    2018 Dark Grey Crosstrek Limited "Véronique", w/EyeSight, Nav, etc. (Packages #3 & #23) HU firmware Rel_U0.18.43.20

  10. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by AstroKats View Post
    I haven't found out yet about the rebates, etc. here in CA.
    The Crosstrek does qualify for a $1500 rebate from the California Clean Vehicle Rebate Project.

    https://cleanvehiclerebate.org/eng/eligible-vehicles

    One of my other questions is whether or not Subaru will pass any of the federal tax credit along to its leasing customers. I've asked Subaru Customer Service, and even they don't seem to know the answer. My hunch is that they will not. It tends to be more upscale companies like BMW and Volvo that give their leasing customers the credit. The downside to the federal tax credit is that it drives down resale values. That's something that will affect purchase customers more than leasing customers, of course.

  11. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    12
    $1500 from California
    $2000 from San Joaquin Air District
    $ 500 from PG&E
    $4000 Total.

  12. #10
    Senior Member AstroKats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    4,905
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigNet View Post
    $1500 from California
    $2000 from San Joaquin Air District
    $ 500 from PG&E
    $4000 Total.
    Does that apply anywhere in CA or only in the San Joaquin Valley?
    In honor of Félicette, the first cat in space!

    2018 Dark Grey Crosstrek Limited "Véronique", w/EyeSight, Nav, etc. (Packages #3 & #23) HU firmware Rel_U0.18.43.20

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [General] Never Heard of These Before ... Automatic Snow Chains ... Great Idea!
    By Colonel C in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 6
    Latest Post: 12-09-2017, 11:22 PM
  2. Has anyone tried the Fumoto Qwikvalve on their vehicle?
    By XV-guy in forum Engine and Drivetrain
    Replies: 60
    Latest Post: 10-18-2017, 10:06 PM
  3. Anyone heard of this brand?
    By Nsane1 in forum Performance Modifications
    Replies: 5
    Latest Post: 04-03-2014, 02:45 PM
  4. The non-Hybrid Crosstrek has better driving range, Hybrid has better trim & features
    By GodWhomIsMike in forum Subaru XV General Discussion Forum
    Replies: 40
    Latest Post: 01-18-2014, 02:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2