Hybrid model year 2019 and newer Official Crosstrek Hybrid press release - lots of info and photos!

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum – General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Official Crosstrek Hybrid press release - lots of info and photos!

Official Crosstrek Hybrid press release - lots of info and photos!

Received the email a few minutes ago:

Subaru U.S. Media Center

Enjoy!

Here are a couple more links (PDF's) with less marketing speak, and more factual information:

http://subarumedia.iconicweb.com/med...pecs-FINAL.PDF

http://subarumedia.iconicweb.com/med..._AAG-FINAL.PDF

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Personally, I don't see the point of owning a hybrid crosstrek. As an impreza it makes more sense to me.
    Wool When Wet Is Warm
    2018 Limited (S) Ice Silver Metallic, Package 23, CVT, August 11, 2017

It doesn't mention any restriction on the states it will be available in...
    In honor of Félicette, the first cat in space!

2018 Dark Grey Crosstrek Limited "Véronique", w/EyeSight, Nav, etc. (Packages #3 & #23) HU firmware Rel_U0.18.43.20

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle View Post
    Personally, I don't see the point of owning a hybrid crosstrek. As an impreza it makes more sense to me.
    It would be ideal for our situation, short commutes in traffic and occasional off-roading.

2018 Dark Grey Crosstrek Limited "Véronique", w/EyeSight, Nav, etc. (Packages #3 & #23) HU firmware Rel_U0.18.43.20

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle View Post
    I think an Impreza hybrid would have a tough time competing in that category. However, the Crosstrek is different with the AWD, snow and off road capabilities, so are carving out a narrow niche there.

How does the 17 mile EV range, published by Subaru today, reconcile with this document that was uncovered last week saying 25 mile range?

https://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onroad...30_tz_phev.pdf

I see it is going to be available in Canada next year as a 2020 model. It would be perfect for me, as most of in town trips are less than 5 miles, which are very hard on gas due to the extra fuel wasting warm-up mode. But I am not about to sell/trade my 2018 in for it.

Now if they came out with a PHEV Ascent, I might be even more interested...

Quote Originally Posted by Patronus View Post
    How does the 17 mile EV range, published by Subaru today, reconcile with this document that was uncovered last week saying 25 mile range?

https://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onroad...30_tz_phev.pdf
    Yes, and all the rumor articles before the announcement also mentioned 25. OAK's sister just got a new Prius and that's 25 miles EV and 640 miles range. I guess the Crosstrek is heavier and the AWD probably saps some power.

The battery bulges pretty high in the rear cargo. Cool to have I guess, but prefer the one I have now. More than $10k less. Would never make up for cost in gas savings buying the Hybrid Crosstrek.

Quote Originally Posted by iflylo01 View Post
    The battery bulges pretty high in the rear cargo. Cool to have I guess, but prefer the one I have now. More than $10k less. Would never make up for cost in gas savings buying the Hybrid Crosstrek.
    If I recall, you have a Premium. It makes more sense to compare to the Limited, based on its specs. Still, at an MSRP difference of $7K it would take a lot of gas savings to justify it, and the savings would only be on short commutes in the city. On long highway trips, it would be the same as the gas version (or worse, due to the extra weight).

Even if you achieve their claimed 90 mpg combined, compared to 29 for the gas version, the average motorist driving 12K per year would save 280 gallons, or around $1K, and it would take seven years just to come out even.

When I first read about it I was bummed we had just bought the gas version and we tend to keep our cars a while. However, the more I look into it, the more I realize we're better off with the one we have. Especially as, these days, we don't get close to 12K/yr.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast