Model Year 2018 and Newer Advice on Backing Out of Deal

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum – General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Advice on Backing Out of Deal

Advice on Backing Out of Deal

I am planning on taking delivery very soon..this evening.

My price will be $200 over invoice. From looking at prices that others paid, I am having second thoughts.

1. I did not sign anything.
    2. I have no problem walking away from the deal.
    3. I like the salesman. I know he did as well as he good.
    4. I am super anxious to get the vehicle..But at the age of 73 I can control myself as I have a '18 Forester XT to fall back on.
    5. I really want honest answers. This is the internet and I have this funny feeling that people have exaggerated how good a deal they got
    6. The dealership is truly a top notch dealership. I had tires rotated and the cost was less than $20 including tax. The waiting area is fantastic!! And so is the courteous service. That means a lot to me.

So again..Premium with a moderate number of bells and whistles. List was (I believe around 28K)

I don't always need to get the "best" price. All I am looking for is a FAIR deal. Put yourself in my place. Money in general is really not a problem for me and the the wife.
    Thanks. I appreciate it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Take the deal. It's a fair deal. Everything is relative. At our age (I'm almost 69) we value time over aggravation.
    Subaru Ambassador - 2017 Limited, Venetian Red Pearl, Eyesight, Nav, moonroof, keyless entry, auto dimming rear view mirror with Homelink and compass, pushbutton start, Kicker powered sub, rear JL Audio C2 525x coaxials, JL Audio C2-650 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System up front, under seat Alpine MRV-F300 4 channel amp

I'd go with the deal. If money isn't a real big deal, $200 over invoice isn't bad. You like the dealership. That's a positive thing to me.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

If you have a good history with the dealership why cancel? I doubt that they’ll try to rape you on this deal considering that you are a return customer. Be aware, however, that the Crosstrek is a hot seller for them and they’ll have no trouble turning it over (IIRC, you said they located this model during shipment). Since you’re 6 years older than me you know up front what kind of value you have. That’s a nice secure feeling, especially since you will be under warranty for the foreseeable future.

I agree: Take the deal.

Jake
    2014 Crosstrek Premium 5 speed - orange
    2019 Crosstrek Premium 6 speed - dk. grey

Considering all of the time it would take to go through it again, I'd take the deal.

I got mine for a little bit under invoice at Heuberger Subaru in CO Springs where they give that deal to everyone walking in the door whether they know to ask for it or not. But they're a unique dealership and it's hard to get the same deal anywhere else.

$200 over invoice is a fair deal for any car. I wouldn't have a problem buying a car for that price. I wouldn't spend a whole lot of time trying to fight for more than that because the hours of fighting over it just isn't worth it to me. I have better things to do with my time.

Buy the car. Drive it. Be happy. You got a fair deal.

It's your transaction.

Personally, after I struck my deal, I purposefully stopped reading the "What did you pay" threads. Every "deal" is unique, and not all value is monetary, but you know that.

If you feel that you are being taken advantage of, you know what to do.
    What is the value of just getting the deal done and moving on?
    What is the value of "winning"?

All the best.
    Old Wizened Goat
    "Griselda"
    2019 Limited #21
    Cool Grey Khaki

Neither "Khaki" or "Grey", but definitely is "Cool"

Agree with others

Plus

Finding a Dealer that values you as a Sales-Service-Parts customer, these days is like finding a Gold Mine "Priceless"

I too would go with the deal,"It is a fair price"

Please Post pics of your New baby, once you get it home

Life is too short to Sweat the Little stuff, see my signature.... Words to live by

Troutbum
    “Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not living in eternity. We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand--and melting like a snowflake...”
    Francis Bacon

2018 Sunshine Orange Cross Trek Sport (Can) 6 MT "Tigger" 170-6x7 Fast Shibuya 42 mm Bronze wheels, Nokian Rotiiva AT 215-70-16 tires

"In loving memory of my partner of 40 years Tuula RIP Pooks"

Thanks guys. The other thing is "Shame on me for not doing my initial homework" Its really on me I should know better at the age of 73. Again I really appreciate the responses.
    I have been on Subaruforester.org for 11 years. Its a great forum. My impression is that this one is just as good.

Thanks again. I truly appreciate you guys taking the time to answer!!!!

If you have an existing good relationship with the dealer, it would be foolish to throw it away over two or three hundred dollars. Sometimes the relationship is more important.

If you're not comfortable with the deal, then walk, but don't use it as a bargaining chip to renegotiate the number. Take the deal, or walk.

Go for it. I believe they don't hit you for a $395 documentation fee, at the end of the signing, in PA as they do in NJ , NY and CT.
    2016 Crosstrek Limited Crystal White / Black leather
    (GRD - 23) Moonroof Package W/Navigation/Eyesight
    Auto-dim Mirror/Homelink + Alarm/shock sensor + Side moldings

Polk Audio DB651 front speakers + de Auto Key 5000k HID kit
    Alla Lighting LED backup 921 800 Lumen
    Philips 9011 HIR1 Diode Dynamics XML2 5000k Fog Lights
    SpyTec A118-C Dash Cam

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast