Model Year 2018 and Newer Advice on Backing Out of Deal - Page 2

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum – General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Advice on Backing Out of Deal

Damn we have a bunch of old farts in this forum. Ages are gradually being revealed which IMHO makes it interesting. So I guess the Crosstrek is a draw not only for the young and adventurous but also the old, young at heart AND adventurous.

NOTE: This post is intended and a casual observation as opposed to adding relevant input to the subject matter.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

200 over invoice is pretty fair. Everyone is going to have a different experienced based on any number of factors, location, demand, etc. I was hoping to get below invoice but it didn't happen at my dealership.

I'd have to go back to my paperwork but I'm sure I paid more than 200 over. I didn't post it here but I could. I don't feel like I had a great deal but I didn't want to drive to other dealerships 1+ hours away that were offering better prices.

At 72 I wish I could say that money is no issue

But I say GO FOR IT!!! Even if money was an issue. When it comes to what did you pay, I ignore those threads. Different countries, different states, different cities ... supply and demand coming into play. If you have a good relationship with that dealer, continue it. If it's a few dollars more, less than a few hundreds, consider it a tip or a gift to that dealer for giving you great service. Plus it is HERE!! Why wait, why fret over it. Go for it and enjoy it!! Congrats on your new Crosstrek!!!
    2018 Crosstrek 2.0i Premium, Sunshine Orange w/ Eyesight, Moonroof, Homelink Mirror, Change Assist, Blindspot Detection, Whippet in cargo area

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

I wish there was a dealer in Hawaii that would sell for only $200 over invoice. With only 2 dealerships controlling the state and having a monopoly granted by Subaru, depending on which dealer you pick you have the choice of paying MSRP or MSRP + additional dealer markup.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeKerr View Post
    I wish there was a dealer in Hawaii that would sell for only $200 over invoice. With only 2 dealerships controlling the state and having a monopoly granted by Subaru, depending on which dealer you pick you have the choice of paying MSRP or MSRP + additional dealer markup.
    How much does it cost to have a car shipped from the mainland?

Update:

Well, I decided that I would not ask for anything else. Essentially we made the deal on a handshake. Trying to get more after this is not a reputable thing to do. I like to think of myself as a decent person. This would not have been the right thing to do. The car was all ready; licence plate on, all the paperwork to sign, etc.

Yea..if I left money one the table, but it was left as soon as we made the deal with a handshake 2 weeks ago. Shame on me.

And yea..I love the freakin' car. I have to say (XT) not withstanding..I like it better than the Forester. Please understand I am not running down the Forester. Its the absolute best in its class. The XV is not in the same class ..its just a different class of vehicle.

Thanks again all for the sound advice!!!

When you can pry yourself out of it for a few seconds, let us know how it is......

Pics or it didn't happen......

Jake
    2014 Crosstrek Premium 5 speed - orange
    2019 Crosstrek Premium 6 speed - dk. grey

Quote Originally Posted by Okie Hick View Post
    Damn we have a bunch of old farts in this forum. Ages are gradually being revealed which IMHO makes it interesting. So I guess the Crosstrek is a draw not only for the young and adventurous but also the old, young at heart AND adventurous.

NOTE: This post is intended and a casual observation as opposed to adding relevant input to the subject matter.
    I was going to say that y'all are a bunch of old farts. I'm only...

wait...

I was born in...

so I'm...

... oh never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by derf View Post
    I was going to say that y'all are a bunch of old farts. I'm only...

wait...

I was born in...

so I'm...

... oh never mind.
    OMG I can soo relate to this! I suspect that I am the oldest forum member IN YEARS ONLY. I run with a much younger set (<70) hence I can't really relate to the oldsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Okie Hick View Post
    OMG I can soo relate to this! I suspect that I am the oldest forum member IN YEARS ONLY. I run with a much younger set (<70) hence I can't really relate to the oldsters.
    I'm nowhere near the oldest here. Though there are many people at work who weren't born when I graduated college. So I'm not a kid either. I guess I'm middle aged. (That's where your age shows around your middle. )

It helps that I don't look or act my age. In some ways, I still don't know what I want to do when I grow up.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast