Model Year 2018 and Newer ETA after order placed

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum – General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: ETA after order placed

ETA after order placed

I was going to place an order for a silver 6mt Premium and the dealer told me ETA July. The black or dark grey could get here by June, but the ice silver wouldn’t be here until July. Is this normal?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

I have a 18 limited ice silver. I went to several dealers who all quoted me 12 weeks. One dealer told me 8-12. Placed the order and it showed up in 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Steves1749 View Post
    I have a 18 limited ice silver. I went to several dealers who all quoted me 12 weeks. One dealer told me 8-12. Placed the order and it showed up in 6.
    I placed my order on March 8. Dealer said car is allocated to them so should be here in the next couple weeks. He told me 8-12 as well, but this would be about 7 assuming it shows up next week.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

When I ordered my MY 18 6MT SO they told me the same thing, but once ordered it was discovered that one was already enroute, they could track the ship down to it's exact location, and time to port.

So my advice Place the order of Your First Choice colour, then give them a Second Choice you would be Happy with, if the first was going to take longer

Good Luck and Please Post pics of your New ride once it arrives

Troutbum
    “Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not living in eternity. We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand--and melting like a snowflake...”
    Francis Bacon

2018 Sunshine Orange Cross Trek Sport (Can) 6 MT "Tigger"

I ordered my CGK 6MT Premium on 11/14/18. At the time I was told late March (!) was the projected arrival time. It shows up in 75 days, on 1/28/19, so just over 10 weeks. I think SOA hedges it's bets - they don't want to tell you a date that will then pass with no car. It was well, well worth the wait BTW. It was, and is, the exact car I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheral View Post
    I ordered my CGK 6MT Premium on 11/14/18. At the time I was told late March (!) was the projected arrival time. It shows up in 75 days, on 1/28/19, so just over 10 weeks. I think SOA hedges it's bets - they don't want to tell you a date that will then pass with no car. It was well, well worth the wait BTW. It was, and is, the exact car I wanted.
    Pictures please. Did you consider any other color? How are you liking the MT?

I ordered mine (2019 Premium, manual transmission, Cool Grey Khaki) on April 8th. Got a response from SOA stating the car will be delivered "Last Week of August". When I called my salesman, he contact SOA directly. He was told there was a limited availability of manual transmissions for the Crosstrek causing the delay. He has since responded that the new ETA is "July".

Quote Originally Posted by Richardpryor View Post
    Hmm. Trying to push those cvt´s on us.
    They sell every one they build.
    Subaru Ambassador - 2017 Limited, Venetian Red Pearl, Eyesight, Nav, moonroof, keyless entry, auto dimming rear view mirror with Homelink and compass, pushbutton start, Kicker powered sub, rear JL Audio C2 525x coaxials, JL Audio C2-650 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System up front, under seat Alpine MRV-F300 4 channel amp

Yes. Makes sense to prioritize on the automatics, really. I’m sure every time they get a 6mt order they roll their eyes, lol.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast