Model Year 2012 to 2017 PhilXV's Crosstrek Build - Page 4

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum – General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: PhilXV's Crosstrek Build

Saved by the Bell Rallycross! Had fun, but horrible weather; raining for days and then rain on the day. Wasnt canceled and fwd/rwd cars needed pushes. Supercharger still draws a crowd; driving up to start, they come up asking whats under the hood, and after my loud 1st race I got another bunch of curious enthusiasts. I also posted another build video online cause alot of youtubers arent on this forum, and wanted to know how to make their subies faster.

I do want to do more rallycross and autocross. (hoping for better weather next time) An idea an impreza did a while ago was crosstrek springs on impreza struts. I wonder how good that is for autocross, or just stay stock.

I'm still waiting for contact from 1 Tuner, and area1320 doesnt know how to tune the fb20 engine I didnt even mention I was supercharged. "But your website says all subaru platforms" They said they might be able to, then I responded with im supercharged, and havent heard anything back...

The rallycross event: https://www.motorsportreg.com/events...ountain-227173

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Evans tuning also wont tune it, claims ECUflash master. Just gonna send it at this point.

So signed up for Boxerfest!! Autocross applicant! and I hear there might be a dyno!! Gotta claim the "Worlds Fastest Crosstrek" (with FB20 engine) "Worlds 1st Roots Supercharged Crosstrek" is already mine!!

So cause I'm cheap, to my local junkyard for another set of wheels for AutoX
    11l0i0p.jpg
    Luck have it, I scored Legacy 17"x7" wheels!! also... They had Autocross tires on them! and they were also new tires! 220$ for 800$ worth of wheels and tires. If I bought the legacy wheels from subaru parts, and the tires too which are Definity HP200 215/45r17.
    2cmtdd.jpg
    Primed, and Painted.
    10yooxy.jpg

So many questions are asked about Springs, Struts, lowering, lifting. I want to lower my car like I did a while back with the impreza struts, but those springs are $%&^.

Crosstrek springs are longer and stronger, vs Impreza springs
    qn3dhw.jpg
    Comparison of Crosstrek springs top vs Impreza spring bottom on both Impreza shocks.
    2mcy93r.jpg
    Comparison of Crosstrek front spring on Impreza shock, vs bottom Impreza spring on Impreza shock
    aorx4g.jpg
    The Crosstrek shocks are just 2" longer at the bottom, everything else is the same about the shock.

Soon to be mounted, and I'll give my review on it. It was 20 each at the junkyard, totaling 160$, took forever to find a crashed crosstrek, and found 2 at a junkyard an hour drive away. Also scored a CVT shift boot with the orange stitching!

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

2hp876b.jpg
    Forgot to say, I didnt trust those spring tops from the impreza, the impreza tops of the springs have a smaller circle for their top. Their spring top is a flat disc with a flat piece of rubber. Atleast the 2016 impreza did, idk bout earlier models. The Crosstrek springs were also from a 2016 too.
    nlzbs7.jpg
    Crosstrek tops on Impreza shocks.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilXV View Post
    Evans tuning also wont tune it, claims ECUflash master. Just gonna send it at this point.

So signed up for Boxerfest!! Autocross applicant! and I hear there might be a dyno!! Gotta claim the "Worlds Fastest Crosstrek" (with FB20 engine) "Worlds 1st Roots Supercharged Crosstrek" is already mine!!
    Well, I don’t think you’ll claim worlds fastest. The Grabowski Brothers’ Crosstrek Desert Racer still has the FB20. I can’t say what it’s putting out because I’ve been sworn to secrecy, but I can say it’s enlightening. Especially since it’s still naturally aspirated. And it makes me excited for when aftermarket companies finally embrace it and support it. There’s serious potential.

But, in lieu of World’s Fastest, I’ll throw in World’s Best Sounding. Because that WHINE! And hell, might even be Worlds Best Tasting, depending on just how good of a chef you really are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I know about the The Grabowski Brothers I didnt know it was a FB20, HP to weight ratio must be insane considering Crosstrek weighs over 3000lbs. Is it a real Crosstrek or just the engine? maybe frame? I would love baja suspension on my Crosstrek. The record I know of now is 220hp 10psi turbo crosstrek. I might have some more drag strip videos coming up. Hopefully I can get more than myself to go. Would be nice to see the pov from outside the car. It would be at the Island dragway in NJ.

Thanks for best sounding, but we all know its a turbos world, and I'm just a lonely supercharger. Honestly who doesnt love hearing compressor surge, Rallisport needs a bov delete lol.

Opening up my own vineyard under the hood of my car lol. PhilXV's supercharged pumpkin wine! I'm more of a vodka man myself, I like to make flavored vodka. Skittle vodka is one of my most sought after, fruit loop vodka, and jolly rancher vodka. My secret is Pinnacle whipped vodka. Just make the recipe but with Pinnacle whipped vodka and it tastes way better.

A Photographer posted more pics of saved by the bell Rally X
    206orxc.jpg 13zn1is.jpg

Site Sponsor RalliSport Automotive's Avatar
    Holy hog-snot! Glad to see to see that guys actually showed up. And god bless those poor bastards that had to stand out there all day in rain ponchos.

So signed up for Boxerfest!! Autocross applicant! and I hear there might be a dyno!! Gotta claim the "Worlds Fastest Crosstrek" (with FB20 engine)"
    Can we make the title "Worlds Fastest Crosstrek/Impreza (with FB series engine)" so I can get in on this too?
    My TMIC is nearly complete. Warning: increased boost imminent.

I saw its almost complete, been following your https://www.facebook.com/RalliSportAutomotive posts, and your forum page. I just noticed its a Impreza, Island Blue Pearl? My wife has a 2017 the same color sport edition. Maybe she'll get a Rallisport turbo! probably not, she's not a car person I cant believe the wrx one didnt fit. the NA/T subaru forums people do slant them to get them to fit, I think they also use hood spacers to make it work. Those long ones dont fit for the FMIC setup? sux we have foglights, Volkswagen's have a tiny intercooler front passenger side fog light area. Crosstreks have that clearance we could mount an intercooler under the skid plate, but no one would like the loss of ground clearance. Maybe hood louvers to cut costs down but reverse angled to flow into the intercooler?

As for the title, gen 1 is different than gen 2, and I do this for fun. Since its for fun I'm stuck in modified for Boxerfest. This one guy posted his RB26 swapped STI, like I have any chance lol. I am told its 80% driver 20% tires, and my only practice is a straight line on the road :P. Also someone lowered their Crosstrek and got 7 sponsors, I supercharge mine and got zero! I'm just going to white snake it, and go again on my own.

New cvt shift boot! wrapped in carbon fiber orange! only 5$! but how you ask? since the 2016 crosstrek has a sliding thingy for park to drive and the 2014 has a electronic light up thingy. Drilled out the 4 what looks like melted plastic caps, swapped it and glued it. Ok I didnt go crazy with the orange spray, I accidently got the lawn marking orange spray and that was bad. its been repainted with the right paint, but that lawn marker paint did its damage.
    2a0nolg.jpg fwmyj7.jpg

I'm still waiting for contact from 1 Tuner, and area1320 doesnt know how to tune the fb20 engine I didnt even mention I was supercharged. "But your website says all subaru platforms" They said they might be able to, then I responded with im supercharged, and havent heard anything back...
    Btw, I would be happy to help you out with the tuning. I would need to charge more than the average NA tune and it would require a lot of back and forth between us in the form of data logs and revised tunes, but you now have at least one possible option (even if I would be a plan B or even C).

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast