Model Year 2018 and Newer RalliSport 2018 Crosstrek FB20D Turbo Build

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum – General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: RalliSport 2018 Crosstrek FB20D Turbo Build

Site Sponsor RalliSport Automotive's Avatar

RalliSport 2018 Crosstrek FB20D Turbo Build

So I have become obsessed with the idea of developing a turbo kit for the 2018+ Crosstrek/Impreza. Now the word obsessed is quite strong but perhaps not strong enough in this case. I am mostly finished with the research phase and am currently gathering components for an initial build. After looking at enough compressor efficiency maps to blur my vision, I fell in love with the Garrett GT2554R. I'm not sure that is the turbo I'll be offering in the kit, but that is the turbo I will be using in my initial build and testing. After getting everything put into place, my first order of business will be to see how much power (boost) the factory fuel system can support. I know its not much on the previous FB20's but I don't think anyone has found out on the newer direct injection versions. If need be, I'm hoping that I'll be able to swap out injectors from the BRZ. After examining photos and spending time on parts.subaru.com my best guess is maybe.

The kit will include a tune, most likely with the help of Ed from XRT. Speaking of which, if you haven't already seen Randy's 2017 turbo build, you should take a look. Randy's build actually helped answer a few questions I had and although I won't be duplicating it exactly, it did have some influence on my thoughts for my build. I haven't been able to successfully pull the ROM on my 2018 via RomRaider, so I may need to utilize more expensive software, such as SubaruEdit.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Well you will have PLENTY of people who are hungry for an extra 50-80hp, IF it does not involve a TON of custom fabrication and is relatively reliable.

I.e. - meeeeee!! Subscribed.

Quote Originally Posted by trick3d View Post
    Well you will have PLENTY of people who are hungry for an extra 50-80hp, IF it does not involve a TON of custom fabrication and is relatively reliable.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by skycomag View Post
    I don't see my address on that package?
    HaHa, send enough $$$ and I'll make sure it gets forwarded to you.

Probably a stupid question but how would this affect the warranty? We just got back from prowling the Sierra Nevada and got up to over 10,000ft. The Crosstrek was extremely sluggish at that elevation.
    In honor of Félicette, the first cat in space!

2018 Dark Grey Crosstrek Limited "Véronique", w/EyeSight, Nav, etc. (Packages #3 & #23) HU firmware Rel_U0.18.43.20

Quote Originally Posted by AstroKats View Post
    Probably a stupid question but how would this affect the warranty? We just got back from prowling the Sierra Nevada and got up to over 10,000ft. The Crosstrek was extremely sluggish at that elevation.
    If you had one of these things on and showed up to the dealer with a problem even remotely related to the engine or drivetrain you would promptly be shown the door.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast