2020 Subaru Outback unveiled: Crossover SUV laces up with more tech, turbo power 202

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum – General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By FLCrosstrekker
  • 3 Post By Okie Hick
  • 1 Post By 05Moose
  • 1 Post By Trekaroo

Thread: 2020 Subaru Outback unveiled: Crossover SUV laces up with more tech, turbo power 202

2020 Subaru Outback unveiled: Crossover SUV laces up with more tech, turbo power 202

Subaru Ambassador - 2017 Limited, Venetian Red Pearl, Eyesight, Nav, moonroof, keyless entry, auto dimming rear view mirror with Homelink and compass, pushbutton start, Kicker powered sub, rear JL Audio C2 525x coaxials, JL Audio C2-650 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System up front, under seat Alpine MRV-F300 4 channel amp

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Having to adjust the HVAC system via touch screen would be a deal breaker for me.

Quote Originally Posted by SubaruBill View Post
    Having to adjust the HVAC system via touch screen would be a deal breaker for me.
    I DO NOT like the touch screen stuff. I grew up with knobs. It's so much easier to grab a knob as opposed to finger aiming for a screen thing and hoping you're landing on the desired thing. It facilitates distracted driving.
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek 2.0i Premium with Eyesight (aka Shrek)
    Quartz Blue Pearl

2014 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium (aka Obie)
    Ice Silver Metallic

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Well, with manual HVAC I would agree. However, with Auto Climate Control, I rarely adjust anything with the HVAC. I think most Outback trims will have ACC.

I agree with Okie. I adjust everything by feel. I don’t use auto because it kicks on the AC when it’s cool or nice out...Don’t want AC running with windows open. I totally agree the controls being on a screen will contribute to accidents because of having to take eyes off the road a lot...unless it all works via voice command (but that could be problematic if a passenger is asleep and you don’t want to wake them.

The return of the Outback XT is a win. Would also be nice to see the Forester XT make a comeback. And eventually a first Crosstrek XT. Possibly, hopefully in 2023...? Oh the possibilities for that turbo engine.
    2017 Crosstrek Crystal White Pearl Limited w/ EYESIGHT
    Subaru Blue Filter - Castrol Edge Full-Synthetic 5W30 oil

The other blue oval.