Happy Hour: The Beer Discussion - Page 16
  1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum – General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Happy Hour: The Beer Discussion

S
    Quote Originally Posted by AstroKats View Post
    For my Canadian friends and beer lovers...
    Went here last night: The Micro Moose
    "British ales with Canadian hospitality!"
    They serve the real/cask ales that have been making a comeback here.
    And the landlady gave the appropriate response when I suggested he ask her for a Blue!

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    Canada is known for beers. Maybe not the best beers, but good beers. First trip I took with my Crosstrek was to Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia. I stop in a tiny market on the edge of nowhere for some beer, and they didn't carry 'domestic' beer. They had 'imported' beer.
    Budweiser. But they also had some Mexican beer, so I tried that. It was OK. Dos Equis.
    I can’t think of a single Canadian beer I like enough to purchase unless the beers I like, or the beers I still like better than ours but only order if that’s scraping the bottom of the barrel, are unavailable, I’ll fall back to Keith’s or Moosehead depending on what restaurant I’m at but often just order a coke.

Yeah, the UK went through a phase when Bud, Coors and Miller Lite were "cool" imports. Fortunately, on this trip, I'm seeing a lot more quality imports (e.g. Sierra Nevada) and also a resurgence of the real casks ales. Having breakfast right now with a pint of Abbot Ale - Doca would be proud...
    My sympathy to the UK; Bud, Coors and Miller were never cool, they were just cheap.

I’ve had Abbot. It was alright but I didn’t have it with anything else.
    I see the potential as a breakfast paring (oatmeal, eggs, bacon, mushrooms)

As I’m just rising post cat-circus using the bed as a large and well equipped stage, I think I’ll start my day with draught Boddies and Shreddies. If Mrs. D gives me trouble, I’ll just tell her that AK was allowed to have beer and breakfast; that should clear things up.

Good, good, whole wheat Shreddies.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NrzfRZw8Rko
    Audio mod manual: https://www.impreza5.com/forum/26-el...er-thread.html
    Crutchfield directions: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JV4...ub2Ssid9c/view

----

----
    18' Subaru Crosstrek "Stamford" - 29 Aug 17 -
    07' VW Rabbit "Bunny"- 4 Jan 07' - 30 Jun 17'
    94' Chev Beretta "Dirty B" - 24 Jun 96' - 4 Jan 07'
    85' Hyundai Stellar "Beast" - Mar 94' - Dec 95'

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

I had been drinking a local brew Marshals Atlas IPA. All of a sudden it became too heavy (it's unfiltered and very dark amber color). So I'm on break with boring Budweiser. Its lite character has been a nice change. I'll eventually get bored with it and go back to my old buddy Pabst for a spell. It's a really good and cheap trash beer. Lat week my oldest son was visiting from Sandpoint ID and introduced me to PNW's Elysian. The first bottle tasted like orange juice. The second one like pine needles.
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek 2.0i Premium with Eyesight (aka Shrek)
    Quartz Blue Pearl

2014 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium (aka Obie)
    Ice Silver Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by Doca View Post

And the landlady gave the appropriate response when I suggested he ask her for a Blue!

I can’t think of a single Canadian beer I like enough to purchase unless the beers I like, or the beers I still like better than ours but only order if that’s scraping the bottom of the barrel, are unavailable, I’ll fall back to Keith’s or Moosehead depending on what restaurant I’m at but often just order a coke.

My sympathy to the UK; Bud, Coors and Miller were never cool, they were just cheap.

I’ve had Abbot. It was alright but I didn’t have it with anything else.
    I see the potential as a breakfast paring (oatmeal, eggs, bacon, mushrooms)

As I’m just rising post cat-circus using the bed as a large and well equipped stage, I think I’ll start my day with draught Boddies and Shreddies. If Mrs. D gives me trouble, I’ll just tell her that AK was allowed to have beer and breakfast; that should clear things up.
    LMAO

Yes, the Canadian landlady said, "Any self-respecting Canadian would not try to ask for a Blue here, then explained to me what it was. I was a bit wary that Doca was trying to make me say something embarassing.

It was a full English breakfast, and with black pudding.

There is an actual cat circus (yes, house cats). We have tickets for when they're in Los Angeles next week:

CircusCats.com - Meet the Acro-Cats!

In honor of Félicette, the first cat in space!

2018 Dark Grey Crosstrek Limited "Véronique", w/EyeSight, Nav, etc. (Packages #3 & #23) HU firmware Rel_U0.18.43.20

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

I love a nicely poured pint of Guinness. Others - Peroni, Yuengling (for cheap). Water over Bud.
    Wool When Wet Is Warm
    2018 Limited (S) Ice Silver Metallic, Package 23, CVT, August 11, 2017

LMAO

Yes, the Canadian landlady said, "Any self-respecting Canadian would not try to ask for a Blue here, then explained to me what it was. I was a bit wary that Doca was trying to make me say something embarassing.

It was a full English breakfast, and with black pudding.

There is an actual cat circus (yes, house cats). We have tickets for when they're in Los Angeles next week:

CircusCats.com - Meet the Acro-Cats!

Lol, it was just because of the reaction I expected and self-respecting Canadian should have when asked that. Her answer put the micro moose on the must see list, should I get back over there. Should have asked you to as if they made and micro(brewed)-moosehead. As far a beer goes, it’s better than most around here and it’s Canada's largest, independent brewery.

I remember the Acro-cats. At least they’re a staged act. Mine just stage an act... Act 1: drama over how malnourished they are. Act 2: suspense regarding the findings in the litter box Act 3: cat squeaky and crinkle toy parade in the bed at 2 am.
    Audio mod manual: https://www.impreza5.com/forum/26-el...er-thread.html
    Crutchfield directions: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JV4...ub2Ssid9c/view

----

----
    18' Subaru Crosstrek "Stamford" - 29 Aug 17 -
    07' VW Rabbit "Bunny"- 4 Jan 07' - 30 Jun 17'
    94' Chev Beretta "Dirty B" - 24 Jun 96' - 4 Jan 07'
    85' Hyundai Stellar "Beast" - Mar 94' - Dec 95'

Guess I don't have as picky a beer palet as you do. I don't really care for the darker ales. And I've liked well enough any of the Canadian beers I've had.
    2016 Quartz Blue Pearl Premium CVT.

Personalized with:
    Interior: LED lighting, auto dimming mirror, dashcam, trim rings on climate knobs.
    Exterior: Window visors, pin stripe, side molding, RokBlokz mudflaps.

Forgot to post this. I saw it on the street outside the Micro Moose. Still haven't seen a Crosstrek...

Lifted Discovery.jpg

2018 Dark Grey Crosstrek Limited "Véronique", w/EyeSight, Nav, etc. (Packages #3 & #23) HU firmware Rel_U0.18.43.20

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    My favourite is vodka and Irn-Bru.

I don't think I'd ever heard of that one before. Grape soda works really well.
    I used to add Irn Bru to liven up yesterday's flat cider. Normaly Merrydown Dry, it Bulmees.

I had a lovely Kriek at The Pike brewery in Seattle the other night. Overall here, my favorite is Seapine Brewing. And there are usually a couple of XVs in the parking lot!

This guy needs to try some real beer...

https://www.latimes.com/food/la-fo-p...s-1-story.html

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast