Coffee, whats your current brew?
  1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum – General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Coffee, whats your current brew?

Coffee, whats your current brew?

I love coffee. I love to explore new varieties, and brands. Please share what your currently drinking, and give a little feedback about it.

I'll start. I am currently enjoying Starbucks whole bean Ethiopia medium roast. And it is true to its label "Citrus and Dark Chocolate." It has a delicious, dominant dark chocolate flavor up front, with wonderful hints of citrus.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

I like mine very strong and black.
    Last few years been using Costco, Kirkland Rwandan Whole Bean. Two 3 lb bags run around 39 bucks. Get it via Costco online as it's not always available in the stores.
    Always comes to house fresh. Never had a stale or dried out bag.
    Strong but not bitter, which because I use no cream or sugar, is very good.
    Use a nice little Epica Coffee Bean Grinder I got on Amazon. Around 25 bucks, but has lasted 4 years, used twice daily.
    Grumpaw

I have been drinking Mariposa Coffee for quite a while now. I just have not found anything quite as good, other than Kona, and Kona is very, VERY expensive to get real 100% Kona.

The owners name is Gerry, and is a great guy to work with. He roasts his own coffee on site. He does ship, although his website leaves something to be desired. I’m sure if you called, you could get any of his many flavors shipped. I’m currently drinking his chocolate cherry flavor, and it’s my favorite. Other brands, I’ve gotten the chocolate, but not much cherry flavor, but the Mariposa stuff actually tastes like a chocolate covered cherry in a coffee, without being overbearing. My wife drinks his Almond Joy flavor and loves it.

I see you’re in Murrieta, I’m only an off ramp or two south of you. Next time I go up there, I’d be happy to bring you a sample bag down.

I found out about this guy because he also runs Mariposa Mattress, selling mattresses, and I was working for a mattress manufacturer. So I met him about 2 years ago through that. He made me a cup of coffee and it was delicious so I asked him what kind it was, he said it was his own, so I was like “No, what brand? Like, where did you get it?” Then he walked me over to his coffee shop and “No really, it’s mine. I roast coffee.” Been drinking Mariposa Coffee ever since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RallyeBourne View Post
    I have been drinking Mariposa Coffee for quite a while now. I just have not found anything quite as good, other than Kona, and Kona is very, VERY expensive to get real 100% Kona.

The owners name is Gerry, and is a great guy to work with. He roasts his own coffee on site. He does ship, although his website leaves something to be desired. I’m sure if you called, you could get any of his many flavors shipped. I’m currently drinking his chocolate cherry flavor, and it’s my favorite. Other brands, I’ve gotten the chocolate, but not much cherry flavor, but the Mariposa stuff actually tastes like a chocolate covered cherry in a coffee, without being overbearing. My wife drinks his Almond Joy flavor and loves it.

I see you’re in Murrieta, I’m only an off ramp or two south of you. Next time I go up there, I’d be happy to bring you a sample bag down.

I found out about this guy because he also runs Mariposa Mattress, selling mattresses, and I was working for a mattress manufacturer. So I met him about 2 years ago through that. He made me a cup of coffee and it was delicious so I asked him what kind it was, he said it was his own, so I was like “No, what brand? Like, where did you get it?” Then he walked me over to his coffee shop and “No really, it’s mine. I roast coffee.” Been drinking Mariposa Coffee ever since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That would be awesome. We all have the same great taste in cars, so I can't wait to taste your fav coffee.

Kona AA from the local roaster. Worth every cent.
    Hey, Rallyebourne, more OT. Just ordered myself a Pure Talalay Bliss mattress. I do like the finer things in life.
    Subaru Ambassador - 2017 Limited, Venetian Red Pearl, Eyesight, Nav, moonroof, keyless entry, auto dimming rear view mirror with Homelink and compass, pushbutton start, Kicker powered sub, rear JL Audio C2 525x coaxials, JL Audio C2-650 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System up front, under seat Alpine MRV-F300 4 channel amp

Darn, you guy's really outclass me.
    Makes the stuff I use sound like swill. But to me it's good.
    Then again, old Navy guy, and retired cop. My idea of good coffee was/is, if a spoon dosen't stand stright up in it, than it's not strong enough.
    Grumpaw

I'm a Grumpaw's table. We use a blend (sounds fancy) of Costco, Kirkland Whole Bean and Dunkin Donuts regular.
    Brew it in a automatic Drip set for 7:00AM. A little cream - no sugar. I love good coffee though.
    Wool When Wet Is Warm
    2018 Limited (S) Ice Silver Metallic, Package 23, CVT, August 11, 2017

I'm currently drinking Kicking Horse Grizzly Claw whole bean. But once I get to work, it's Timmies dark roast cause it's in the building... haha.

2018 Subaru Crosstrek Limited, Crystal White, Eyesight package
    2006 Subaru WRX Limited, Rally Blue, Soon to be time attack car

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpaw View Post
    Darn, you guy's really outclass me.
    Makes the stuff I use sound like swill. But to me it's good.
    Then again, old Navy guy, and retired cop. My idea of good coffee was/is, if a spoon dosen't stand stright up in it, than it's not strong enough.
    Grumpaw
    But that's a type of brew in itself. I remember years ago when coffee was... well... just coffee where you either brewed it at home or you had it at the restaurant or dinner. Locally, the classic dinner coffee was supplied by a company called Dicksons and every small mom&pop cafe had the same stuff and it all tasted exactly the same.

I'm a Cold Brewer. I currently like Columbian from Trader Joe's. It's priced well and tastes pretty darn good cold brewed.

Before anyone calls me a hipster, I only Cold Brew since regular coffee gives me a sore stomach and hemorroides since I drink it black. Hope that wasn't too much info.

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast