Coffee, whats your current brew? - Page 19
  1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum – General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Coffee, whats your current brew?

Quote Originally Posted by Trekaroo View Post
    The more I drink the Sumatra the more I like it. I'm going to see if I can find some of that Anniversary Blend to have on hand.
    It looks as if it can be ordered online. The stores don't carry it anymore.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

You guys are all about the Starbucks while I sit here drinking my Black Rifle Coffee CAF blend lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhound15 View Post
    You guys are all about the Starbucks while I sit here drinking my Black Rifle Coffee CAF blend lol
    I contacted Black Rifle about their equivalent to Starbucks's Pike Place or House Blend. They claim their equivalent is the Gunship roast. I can order a bag of those beans and if I don't like it, I can send it back. I'm a risk averse creature and will probably stick with what I know I like. That's not saying that Black Rifle doesn't have awesome stuff. But I just don't want to go thru the time consuming process of sorting out what I like or don't like. My day hinges on that one and only 16-oz mug of coffee I have every morning.

BTW say "Hi" to AOC for me!

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Okie Hick View Post
    I contacted Black Rifle about their equivalent to Starbucks's Pike Place or House Blend. They claim their equivalent is the Gunship roast. I can order a bag of those beans and if I don't like it, I can send it back. I'm a risk averse creature and will probably stick with what I know I like. That's not saying that Black Rifle doesn't have awesome stuff. But I just don't want to go thru the time consuming process of sorting out what I like or don't like. My day hinges on that one and only 16-oz mug of coffee I have every morning.

BTW say "Hi" to AOC for me!
    Okie, I'm not a fan of hers except the fact that I do care about the environment (but not as her extremeness).

I definitely hear what you're saying on that. I get lucky and get to have more than 1 cup a day if I need it. In my opinion, I would say that the gunship is probably your best bet, with follow ups from either "just black" or "freedom roast". If you want to just try it to try, contact them. If I remember correctly, they used to have a sample pack.

My vicious cycle:

1. Roast Yemen Mokha Matari (high altitude hard bean, best Red Sea quality) weekly on back porch.
    2. Grind 14g in zero waste single dose grinder.
    4. Extract in spring lever piston machine.

Sometimes I microfroth and pull cappucinos for the family.

This is the only way to go in Appalachia.

Sadly, unlike with the wine culture, coffee in the US is the cheap ho of beverages.

Stale prepackaged coffee void aromatic oils (these evaporate within two weeks of roasting)
    so no crema and great taste. Result is the bitter overextracted crema-void hogwash they serve at Harbucks, yuck

Cheerz:

Quote Originally Posted by Okie Hick View Post
    It looks as if it can be ordered online. The stores don't carry it anymore.
    I couldn't find it online. Guess I will have to wait until next years batch. I did see some Anniversary blends, but none had a year printed on the package, and nothing listed in the description either.

On the bright side, Stater Bros. carries SB's Kenya. However it is in the small bag. I'd like to get a 20oz bag of it.
    2017 Crosstrek Crystal White Pearl Limited w/ EYESIGHT
    Subaru Blue Filter - Castrol Edge Full-Synthetic 5W30 oil

The other blue oval.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19