RC Cars
  1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum – General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: RC Cars

RC Cars

Anybody else into Stupid Little Cars?

Right now, I'm focused on electric off-road. Just got a Kyosho RB6.6 and it's been quite an effort building the thing.
    Last edited by loaba; 01-07-2017 at 01:31 AM.
    "...Bother" said Pooh, as he hid Piglet's corpse.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

I have several. I've got an Axial SCX10 crawler, a Tamiya M05 mini, and a Traxxas 2WD Slash. I don't race any of them, but I change my mind on what is fun too often to stick to just one.

The Fleet (old)
    SC10.2 short course buggy 1 - soon to be converted to a SC truck
    SC10.2 short course buggy 2 - parts car for now, will be rebuilt at some later date
    RC10B5

^that's all Team Associated stuff

New Car
    Kyosho Ultima RB6.6

Basically, I just need to 86 all of the AE cars and acquire a Kyosho Short Course Truck. I've been converted, the Japanese just plain do RC better. lol

/ lived in Big D for over 30 years, before I moved to the Land of Entrapment

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

I recently entered the world of RC. I have an Axial SCX10 Deadbolt. Eventually, I'm going to go to a short wheel base frame and use a Tamiya XV Crosstrek body, and go with an SSD 2 speed transmission.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The RB6.6 is strictly for groomed track racing. I'd eventually like to acquire either a HPI Baja (5th scale, gas) or a Kyosho Scorpion XXL VE (7th scale, electric).

It all started with a RTR - got the bug bad.

DSC_0049.jpg
    Here's the buggy, sans body shell (at the painter). Just waiting on a program card and a Schelle slipper assembly. Might acquire a 2nd shell and give it a one-shot white paint job. Cannot wait to get this thing on the track!

I have an Associated RC10 which I used to race back in 1989. Still works well and I rebuilt the transmission and shocks over Christmas last year. It's getting harder and harder to find original parts for it. I'd dearly love to find an original set of wheels and tires for it for display purposes. Unfortunately, all that I've seen are either reproduction parts or ghastly expensive. She can't compete with the new kids any longer but it still gets up and moves out when I've played with her. I was sorely disappointed to find out that the Crosstrek body wouldn't fit on the buggy chassis.

"Jake" - 2016 Quartz Blue Pearl CVT Limited w/Eyesight/Moonroof/7" Nav
    During the week, a mild-mannered daily commuter, but during the weekend it transforms into an off-road powerhouse capable of clearing 8.6" boulders in a single bound!

2003 Forester 2.5x auto. Being set up as the official trail car.

Off-road/Camping Equipment

Current Meet Details --> None

AE reissued the old RC10 as the RC10 Worlds Car and you should still be able to find parts for that iteration. What's really holding you back is a non-lipo/brushless electronic suite. If you're not opposed to supporting the Red Chinese, then Hobbyking is the place to be. You can get an entire electronics package for less than $200.00.

As for the Corsstrek (shell?) - I would look at Tamiya's various chassis offerings, one of 'ems bound to fit.
    Last edited by loaba; 01-09-2017 at 06:18 AM.
    "...Bother" said Pooh, as he hid Piglet's corpse.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast