Looking at Purchasing Crosstrek

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum – General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!

Looking at Purchasing Crosstrek

Currently own '18 Forester XT (replaced 2008 Forester) and 2016 Chev Spark.

I will be likely giving my Spark to my Grandson. He is a new marine and will be stationed in Arizona. I have been looking at the Crosstrek for a couple years. I went with the Forester bc '18 was the last year of the FA20 Turbo. I really don't care about about performance for the Crosstrek. I will likely add a rear swaybar and that's about it.

Hope to learn about the vehicle. I was a Mechanical Engineer in my former life. I know quite a bit about Oils/filters/lubrication in general. I was always sort of a car person. Hopefully I can contribute to the board. Actually owned a '69 Camaro bought new.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by adc View Post
    Actually owned a '69 Camaro bought new.
    Nice.
    Welcome.

I'm also looking at purchasing a Crosstrek, for the wife. I, too, have a 2018 Forester and recognize your handle from the Forester forum. I didn't have a Camaro but did have a '69 Nova .
    Last edited by SubaruBill; 04-23-2019 at 09:12 PM.
    Future Crosstrek buyer but not new to Subaru (owned two Foresters)

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by SubaruBill View Post
    I'm also looking at purchasing a Crosstrek, for the wife. I, too, have a 2018 Forester and recognize your handle from the Forester forum. I didn't have a Camaro but did have a '69 Nova .
    Hi Bill
    Did it have a 396? ')

Turned out I bought a White Premium today. It should arrive at the dealership in early may.

The salesman I had for my Forester is an older guy. He is really a standup guy. We had a long talk last year on pricing. He gave me $3600 off my XT.

He told me at this point and for the next year+ its going to be difficult to get much of a bargain bc of demand. They can't get enough and a vehicle that is headed to a dealer ship might get sold on route. That is how I got my XT. I am getting 200 over invoice., $1500 under msrp. He told me that his dealership's best price is $500 over invoice. I do have a good relationship with him. I told him last year that I would not play one dealer against another. He appreciated that. I am getting a good price bc this is the 3rd subaru I bought from them.

I honestly hope you can do better and maybe in AZ you might.. But for me..the guy is a good christian and if he took me over..so be it. Let me know. Wor what its worth he said it will not get any better as the year goes by.

Congrats on the new ride and thanks for the pricing info. My Nova had the 250 cu inch six banger.

You've come to the right place to learn things about the car. Some details are discussed to death. The rest of it's all here, but you may need to ask the right questions to get pointed at the right thread.

BTW, I once owned a 1975 Buick Skylark with a 350. So same ballpark.
    2016 Quartz Blue Pearl Premium CVT.

Personalized with:
    Interior: LED lighting, auto dimming mirror, dashcam, trim rings on climate knobs.
    Exterior: Window visors, pin stripe, side molding, RokBlokz mudflaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    You've come to the right place to learn things about the car. Some details are discussed to death. The rest of it's all here, but you may need to ask the right questions to get pointed at the right thread.
    BTW, I once owned a 1975 Buick Skylark with a 350. So same ballpark.
    Yea. I looked at several forums before getting on here. I have been on Subaruforester.org since 2007. I suspect if I live (Im 73) I'll be on here forever. I live this Crosstrek I love my ForesterXT and my old 2008 Forester and 1978 DL (?) wagon.