Model Year 2018 and Newer windshield sun shade for eyesight 2019

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum – General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: windshield sun shade for eyesight 2019

Questionwindshield sun shade for eyesight 2019

This is almost a silly post compared to most on here that are way more important and technical, but I'm looking to get a sun shade for my front windshield now that the summer is approaching here in South Carolina USA.

I've been looking on Amazon because I know it's a bit quirky finding one that will fit with the eyesight. The only ones I see are over $60! That seems to be a lot for a simple sunshade. I thought, "if I'm going to pay that much, I'll see about getting one from the dealer." They want $80!!!

Anyone have any suggestions or recommendations? (Or do I suck it up and spend $60+ bucks.)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Get one from a discount store for $10. It's as good in practice as a more expensive one.
    2016 Quartz Blue Pearl Premium CVT.

Personalized with:
    Interior: LED lighting, auto dimming mirror, dashcam, trim rings on climate knobs.
    Exterior: Window visors, pin stripe, side molding, RokBlokz mudflaps.

I’ve always used the foil-like kind in my truck (cheap kind). Sitting in the hot sun all day, I decided to fork over the $60 ($60.11 OTD) for the perfect fitment insulated kind: Intro-Tech Automotive Ultimate Reflector Car Sun Shade.

Got it thru autoanything (vendor on our forums) because with shipping they were close to the cheapest and I’ve never had issues with the company.

Do whatever you prefer. Nothing wrong with the cheap ones. It just depends on how much sunlight/heat you want to block out. The cons of using what I got is that they’re bulkier and not as easy to put up. The cheap ones that fold in a circle are the easiest to store and use if you’re just making quick stops.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

I sucked it up and got this one because I have eyesight. https://subaruonlineparts.com/subaru...de-p-4555.html

Reach out to Benny at https://www.subaruxvforum.com/forum/...lineparts-com/
    for discount code if you like it.
    Wool When Wet Is Warm
    2018 Limited (S) Ice Silver Metallic, Package 23, CVT, August 11, 2017

I bought one at Costco I think for about $15 (I'm in the SF Bay Area of CA) - they had small and large and large fits Crosstreks. It seems to keep it cool - has shiny aluminum on one side, blue on the other. It's really big but folds up into a small roundish form that I put between the front seats.

Quote Originally Posted by kfpauli View Post
    I've been looking on Amazon because I know it's a bit quirky finding one that will fit with the eyesight. The only ones I see are over $60! That seems to be a lot for a simple sunshade. I thought, "if I'm going to pay that much, I'll see about getting one from the dealer." They want $80!!!

Anyone have any suggestions or recommendations? (Or do I suck it up and spend $60+ bucks.)
    Here is a link to one I got from Amazon last year for my 2018 CrossTrek.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

$39.94. It's freakin' huge, but the windshield is freakin' huge, too.

Fits fairly well. Bit of a handful to fold up in the confined space because, well, it's freakin' huge. It has the cutout for the Eyesight. Don't want to be marring those lenses.

Quote Originally Posted by kfpauli View Post
    This is almost a silly post compared to most on here that are way more important and technical, but I'm looking to get a sun shade for my front windshield now that the summer is approaching here in South Carolina USA.

Covercraft is the same cover that Subaru sells. It can be ordered in different silvery shades and works great. I ordered the blue one to go with the CGK. Still $60 including shipping, but I think it's worth it. I've used the cheap ones also, nearly as good.

Covercraft UVS100 Windshield Sun Shade
    Covercraft Custom Sun Shade
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek
    (With EyeSight)
    Part #: UV11501BL

Last summer I bought the one from Weathertech but returned it. Didn’t think it was worth the price for the fit. Didn’t fit like custom as described. This summer I’ll proba go cheap.

VERY satisfied with sunshade from HEATSHIELD. https://www.heatshieldstore.com
    2018 Crosstrek Limited. Ice Silver, BSM, Cup Holder Hero liners and console tray. (Pretty lame, eh?).

I got the OEM sunshade, and it weight a ton and is rigid. I am presuming that folding and unfolding it in the car is going to be needlessly difficult. I much prefer the softer shades that are much lighter and more flexible.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast