Model Year 2018 and Newer Remote Start - Disable Shutoff on Door Opening Possible?

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum – General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By microsnook

Thread: Remote Start - Disable Shutoff on Door Opening Possible?

Remote Start - Disable Shutoff on Door Opening Possible?

Hey there,

Did a search for this before I posted, but couldn't find this specific question answered...

Is it possible to have Subaru or a mechanic DISABLE the car from shutting off when the door is opened after using remote start?

It's really stupid that Subaru made it that way, it actually makes me kinda furious, because it's a whole 'nother start cycle to go through causing that much more wear and tear on the engine and starter each time I use remote start, and interrupts the flow of getting into a nice and warm started car.

Thanks guys (and gals).
    E

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Let me kick this off for you with my earlier feedback to your query from another thread on this topic (post #19) incase you missed it:

https://www.subaruxvforum.com/forum/...e-start-2.html

Trust me when i say this cannot be disabled by any mechanic or the dealer for that matter. I would be interested to know if somebody offers a solution here to disable the factory feature of when the engine turns off when you open the door.

The only workaround is to go aftermarket as i mentioned in my post.
    Wife's 2018 Crosstrek Limited - Crystal Black [Eyesight w/Nav, Pkg #3, #23 etc]
    HU SW Version: Rel2.17.43.20; Navi Database Version: USA, Canada and Mexico_966_5933_7334 [Updated on 3/13/2018]

Quote Originally Posted by erikrhendrickson View Post
    Did a search for this before I posted, but couldn't find this specific question answered...
    E
    The search here doesn't work. Try this: https://cse.google.com/cse?cx=009553...82:eepdnwaxfoy
    In honor of Félicette, the first cat in space!

2018 Dark Grey Crosstrek Limited "Véronique", w/EyeSight, Nav, etc. (Packages #3 & #23) HU firmware Rel_U0.18.43.20

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Not sure what year or trim you have, but I have 19 limited and it stays on when I open the door to get it & drive

Quote Originally Posted by ESC View Post
    Not sure what year or trim you have, but I have 19 limited and it stays on when I open the door to get it & drive
    Yeah, there was a change with the 19 Limited. You guys can also start the car via Starlink. Very envious...
    In honor of Félicette, the first cat in space!

2018 Dark Grey Crosstrek Limited "Véronique", w/EyeSight, Nav, etc. (Packages #3 & #23) HU firmware Rel_U0.18.43.20

Quote Originally Posted by AstroKats View Post
    Yeah, there was a change with the 19 Limited. You guys can also start the car via Starlink. Very envious...
    Thats so frustrating. They should update this to the 18s

If there is truly no way to disable it in the software, one could simply cut one of the door jamb switch wires and either leave it (you would lose door open dome lights, or anything triggered by door) so the car doesn't know you have opened the door.

Or put a switch on and hide it in the carpet by the seat so you could retain the door switch activated domes etc, when you wanted it.

I dont want to lose features only to make something work the way it should have originally...
    I wrote subaru of america today requesting an update to the 18 remote start cutoff issue. Hopefully if enough of us do this, they might consider giving us an update!