Model Year 2018 and Newer Fog light H16 replacement bulbs

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum – General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Fog light H16 replacement bulbs

Fog light H16 replacement bulbs

Just took delivery of '18 Crosstrek Limited. LED headlights are great, but the stock halogen fogs are yellow by comparison.
    Owners manual says that the fogs are an "H16" bulb, and I confirmed that by removing one of the bulbs...and it says H16.
    I would like to replace the bulb with something more 'white' in color...but still halogen. NOT looking to replace the entire housing...just want to replace the bulb.
    Problem is that nobody (Napa, PepBoys, Advance Auto) seems to know what an H16 bulb is. Their systems don't show anything for the '18 fogs.

Anyone been down this road already? Any suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

I installed Philips's LED bulbs in my wife's fog lamps.

https://www.powerbulbs.com/product/p...n-led-fog-lamp
    '16 Subaru Forester Limited Quartz Blue
    '16 Subaru Crosstrek Limited Ice Silver

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

you could also try diode dynamics
    Wool When Wet Is Warm
    2018 Limited (S) Ice Silver Metallic, Package 23, CVT, August 11, 2017

H16 fogs

Quote Originally Posted by bobs View Post
    Just took delivery of '18 Crosstrek Limited. LED headlights are great, but the stock halogen fogs are yellow by comparison.
    Owners manual says that the fogs are an "H16" bulb, and I confirmed that by removing one of the bulbs...and it says H16.
    I would like to replace the bulb with something more 'white' in color...but still halogen. NOT looking to replace the entire housing...just want to replace the bulb.
    Problem is that nobody (Napa, PepBoys, Advance Auto) seems to know what an H16 bulb is. Their systems don't show anything for the '18 fogs.

Anyone been down this road already? Any suggestions?

I bought an 18 Limited Crosstrek this month also. The fog lights are horrible, only 19 watts. There are two types of H16 bulbs, type 1 are straight, type 2 have the bend in the housing. I didn't look at my bulbs yet, are the bulb housings straight or curved? I want to replace with yellow led fog light. I know the H16 connector is the same has an H11 bulb, but an H11 bulb is just a little bit longer then the H16 bulb. I read and looked at several pictures regarding this. You can find bulb replacements on amazon. I had a 16 Crosstrek that took the 2504 fog light bulbs, and changed them out with Alla 80 watt led fog lights that were a little on the blue side, they helped with visibility but it scattered light too much.

Quote Originally Posted by jmen88 View Post
    I bought an 18 Limited Crosstrek this month also. The fog lights are horrible, only 19 watts. There are two types of H16 bulbs, type 1 are straight, type 2 have the bend in the housing. I didn't look at my bulbs yet, are the bulb housings straight or curved? I want to replace with yellow led fog light. I know the H16 connector is the same has an H11 bulb, but an H11 bulb is just a little bit longer then the H16 bulb. I read and looked at several pictures regarding this. You can find bulb replacements on amazon. I had a 16 Crosstrek that took the 2504 fog light bulbs, and changed them out with Alla 80 watt led fog lights that were a little on the blue side, they helped with visibility but it scattered light too much.
    My guess is the bulb/housing is identical to the MY2018 Impreza but can't verify this until the MY2018 Crosstrek parts get added to the database:

LAMP (FOG). FRONT.
    #84912Z

Thanks Toof.
    Wool When Wet Is Warm
    2018 Limited (S) Ice Silver Metallic, Package 23, CVT, August 11, 2017

The fog lights look very similar to the previous generation. Have you considered full LED fog light housing replacements like this?

We have a complete LED housing replacement for your XV listed here on our site:

LUXEON LED Fog Lamps (Type A)

I would also like to point out that the Japanese H16 is equivalent to the US-spec H11.

The US-spec H16 has a base that looks like this:

It's a bit confusing, but make sure you get an H11 bulb.

Thank you,
    Nick C.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast