Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

Digital Speedometer in 2015 Premium?

23K views 24 replies 16 participants last post by  serious 
#1 ·
Hi all.

I am debating getting a 2015 Crosstrek and drove a Limited the other day. One feature of the car I really liked was the digital speedometer in the center dash cluster. Does anyone know if the 2015 Premium has this feature? I should have asked the dealer when I drove the car but didn't think about it until now.

Thanks.

#20 ·
Hey, thanks doclago. When I got my 2015 Limited a couple weeks ago it had the digital display. Since then I've pushed and pulled untold numbers of levers trying to customize some things, set the clock to 24 hr and adjusted the volume on the lane departure warning. Then I noticed I no longer had my digital display for the speedometer. After an hour or so of searching the manual I did a search here and ...found this thread. Thanks so much. Love this forum almost as much as I love my XV.

#10 ·
Same thing happened with me......tho' in my case it was even weirder, I don't even remember "pushing and pulling random things" and certainly wasn't trying to do whatever I did. I had the car for about a week with the plain old dial speedometer and then one a.m. I got in the car and after a few minutes I noticed the digital read-out as in your photos. It's been there ever since and I like it very much.

Now I'm under nerve-wracking constant pressure when I drive: I have to consciously remember at all times NEVER to do what I previously didn't intend to do while still not knowing what I did when I did whatever I did when I did it!

WOW, just the thought is giving me a Homer Simpson brainfreeze/headache, so I gotta sign off quickly. OUCH!

#13 ·
Hi,

I have a 2015 Premium, and the levers underneath the steering wheel do toggle the display between two settings. One setting is with a digital speedometer in the center of the stack and the other setting simply turns it off. I just leave mine with the digital speedometer turned on. [On my wife's 2015 Forrester Premium, the levers have more than two settings but there is no digital speedometer].

Bob

#15 · (Edited)
From the manuals...There are two basic instrument clusters for US-spec XVs: "A" and "B". The following PDF (from the XV owner's manual) shows them. I have no idea how they are assigned between Basic, Premium, and Limited.

View attachment Cluster_A-B.pdf

For EyeSight, it appears that a modified "B" cluster is used for US models, and non-US (or perhaps non-North America) XVs have the EyeSight display in the MFD. This is what I have on my Premium EyeSight. The following PDF is from the XV EyeSight manual.

View attachment Cluster_EyeSight.pdf

Area 10 in the EyeSight cluster illustration displays the speed (if you want it to), but also pop-up warnings from the EyeSight system.

I lucked out when my XV was delivered last month -- the MPH was already set up to display in that center area, so I just expected it to be there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.