Model Year 2018 and Newer Any recent under seat sub installs? What fits? Speaker upgrades/Audio ideas.. - Page 2

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum – General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Any recent under seat sub installs? What fits? Speaker upgrades/Audio ideas..

It can probably be done without the MDF but I just used it because of some bolts that are under the carpet that are sticking out a lot and I didn't want to have the sub hitting them. Take a look under the seat and you will see some removable patches in the carpet that hide some bolts that can be used to mount something but are unused.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by azurewyvern View Post
    I used 1/2 MDF wrapped in some acoustic foam I had left over. The seat still has full range of motion and it is out of sight during normal use and there are no chances someone in the back seat will hit it.
    Awesome- thanks for this. I definitely want to give this a shot, but now I just need to figure out how to power it without hacking up my car too much. There's a 20A supply behind the head unit intended for the factory amp option that I can use, but I'd rather not cut into any stock wires so I need to see if I can rig up a connector.

For powering an amp there is a gromet in the firewall that can have the wire pass through. It is probably the only gromet in the firewall and it passes right next to the brake booster. On the inside it is located above the gas pedal (left hand driver) where the wires are wrapped in a loose rubber boot. Just cut a slit into that and the wire will come out from there, just try to avoid cutting the wires but that is easy to avoid since the rubber is on loosely.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

One trick for an easy pass through is using something like crutchfield.com/S-uTdP7qai5lQ/p_042DM4533/Pro-Fit-Wire-Worm.html

Get that through the existing grommet with your power wire taped on and pull it through... also give your wiring a little brush of WD-40 (lubricant) to make the sliding easier.

Hello,

I am from Germany and own the 18+ XV, too. As mentioned in an earlier thread I have added a Pioneer under seat sub TS-WX130DA underneath the drivers seat. As this subwoofer is very compact in size, is powered by a class D amplifier and allows two different bass settings, I can recommend it. This setup is completed with the RF woofers in the front doors, Hertz tweeters from the sound upgrade set here in Germany provided by Subaru. And finally RF 2way speakers P1650 in the back doors. They are powered by a dsp class D amplifier. Actually I am playing around with exchanging this amp against the DEQ-S1000A dsp amplifier. The wiring was easy as there was a specific cable harness provided by Subaru and installed from my dealership. So the harness was accessible under the passenger seat where I connected the dsp amp and subwoofer instead of the RF amplifier.

Happy sound tuning and best regards

Thomas

I have installed a Rockford Fosgate p300-12 powered sub and I love it. I was going to do an under seat sub, but thought I'd be disappointed. This one doesn't take a ton of room and I can remove it in seconds of needed. It definitely pounds when I want it to.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I had an Alpine PDX-F4 amp installed under the passenger front seat. it is a small compact "older" model", and it fits great, totally out of the way and works awesome!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2