Model Year 2018 and Newer Asking all owners 6' or taller for help!

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum – General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Asking all owners 6' or taller for help!

Asking all owners 6' or taller for help!

Hello,

I have had my 18 limited for about 8 months now and while I do LOVE it, the only problem is my legs can't quite find a good position. I have gone from all the way back and down to trying to raise the seat to get a better angle on the pedals but when you raise the seat it also moves forward (I'm assuming that's due to 6 way power instead of an 8 way power seat?). My knee also leans against the center counsel that seems like it curves out just too far for my comfort also putting pressure on my knee for long drives.

I am 6'1 230 so slightly taller than average? I have read posts on here from guys who were 6'5 saying it was perfect and they fit well, so just wondering if anyone has any tips or tricks.

So my question to all the tall owners out there is how do you have your seats positioned? or if anyone has had a similar problem what was their fix? It seems like such a stupid problem to have but I just can't seem to get it right to the point where i'm thinking about trying to figure out a way to get an 8 way power seat in there (that can tilt the front of the seat UP which the Crosstrek does not do)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisfach4 View Post
    Hello,

I have had my 18 limited for about 8 months now and while I do LOVE it, the only problem is my legs can't quite find a good position. I have gone from all the way back and down to trying to raise the seat to get a better angle on the pedals but when you raise the seat it also moves forward (I'm assuming that's due to 6 way power instead of an 8 way power seat?). My knee also leans against the center counsel that seems like it curves out just too far for my comfort also putting pressure on my knee for long drives.

I am 6'1 230 so slightly taller than average? I have read posts on here from guys who were 6'5 saying it was perfect and they fit well, so just wondering if anyone has any tips or tricks.

So my question to all the tall owners out there is how do you have your seats positioned? or if anyone has had a similar problem what was their fix? It seems like such a stupid problem to have but I just can't seem to get it right to the point where i'm thinking about trying to figure out a way to get an 8 way power seat in there (that can tilt the front of the seat UP which the Crosstrek does not do)
    6' 220lbs. Seat down and all the way back with steering wheel down and all the way back. Sometimes even with my slightly longer arms the straight-arm position on the wheel is a bit tiring on a longer drive so then I move the seat forward a bit. I find it quite comfortable.

Welcome to the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod H View Post
    6' 220lbs. Seat down and all the way back with steering wheel down and all the way back. Sometimes even with my slightly longer arms the straight-arm position on the wheel is a bit tiring on a longer drive so then I move the seat forward a bit. I find it quite comfortable.

Welcome to the group.
    Thanks for you input, I'm curious, does your right leg touch or rest against the dash/center counsel thing??

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

6'1" 200ish. I keep the seat most of the way back, but not all the way. Maybe a couple inches from the very back? I'd have to go sit in my car to know for sure, but I think I keep the steering wheel pretty central vertically but extended most of the way. I'm pretty sure my leg does rest on the console. I go on lots of long road trips and haven't had any issues with fit.

6'1" 180lb here. I'm happy with the setup with the seat fully down and about 3-4in remaining travel to the back, but with a bit more angle to the seatback than most people seem to like for good posture. I keep the steering wheel fully extended (wish it had another inch to spare).

I appreciate the feedback everyone, it seems like it is more so a problem unique to me! I can't imagine there are too many different ways to sit in the crosstrek or that i'm "doing it wrong" lol

I will try all the way down again, but it always leaves me feeling like my foot is pointed straight up and resting on the very tip of my heel rather than the ball of my foot.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisfach4 View Post
    Thanks for you input, I'm curious, does your right leg touch or rest against the dash/center counsel thing??
    Yes, outside right knee when I move seat forward a bit. When seat fully back...no.

I'm 6'1" and 215 lb (for you Canadians that's 1.85 meters and 97.52 kg). My front seat is maybe 3" from full back with the seat back tilted back further than most. The first thing that any driver of my car changes is the seat back tilt. It's my back. I like the steering wheel fully down and extended maybe half way.
    Last edited by Okie Hick; 04-11-2019 at 09:25 PM. Reason: removed stupid content
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek 2.0i Premium with Eyesight (aka Shrek)
    Quartz Blue Pearl

2014 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium (aka Obie)
    Ice Silver Metallic

6' 4" 220 lbs athletic build MY 18 Sport 6 MT

Seat all the way down, pushed back about 2/3 rds and seat back in first notch back, makes for faster crisper shifts IMHO ( at least for me) Steering wheel all the way up..

Every Body is different,and Like memory foam, just have to keep trying to find the AOA that is right for your frame
    “Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not living in eternity. We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand--and melting like a snowflake...”
    Francis Bacon

2018 Sunshine Orange Cross Trek Sport (Can) 6 MT "Tigger"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast