Model Year 2018 and Newer Asking all owners 6' or taller for help! - Page 2

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum – General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Asking all owners 6' or taller for help!

Quote Originally Posted by Okie Hick View Post
    I'm 6'1" and 215 lb (for you Canadians that's 1.85 meters and 97.52 kg). My front seat is maybe 3" from full back with the seat back tilted back further than most. The first thing that any driver of my car changes is the seat back tilt. It's my back. I like the steering wheel fully down and extended maybe half way.
    lol I did see this before you removed the 5'1 crack, no worries, I feel stupid even asking and I don't mind humor. I realize its a really weird thing to ask especially when no one else has the same problem lol. I also feel even stupider cause I JUST found out how to dim the head unit on this forum...........so there is that.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

6’-1”, 220 here. I have yet to get a crosstrek, but have test driven a premium (manual seats). The thing I remember is I thought the front of the seat bottom could not be raised (tilted back?) enough to support my thighs. Raising it just pitched it forward - made it worse. I wondered if anyone has fabbed up some sort of spacers to install under the front of the slider rails?

Quote Originally Posted by Subiescooter View Post
    6’-1”, 220 here. I have yet to get a crosstrek, but have test driven a premium (manual seats). The thing I remember is I thought the front of the seat bottom could not be raised (tilted back?) enough to support my thighs. Raising it just pitched it forward - made it worse. I wondered if anyone has fabbed up some sort of spacers to install under the front of the slider rails?
    YES this is my exact issue more or less (you just said it in a way that makes sense). I have spent WAY too much time going down this rabbit hole, HOWEVER I have come to 2 (ish) conclusions.

1.The way that the seat moves does not allow me to take pressure off the ball of my foot, meaning I constantly feel like im having to "hold" my ankles/foot up as to not continue to accelerate. I can't find a good spot where I can just relax and cruise.

2. I am very seriously considering if there is anyway to find an 8 way power seat (from my research the crosstrek USED to have them UNTIL 2018? is my understanding in some models) and using that motor/bottom of the seat and keeping the top leather/stitching) like this video shows:

I am fully open to suggestion of how I could use spacers to tilt the seat up as well. I have 0 "fabricating" experience or knowledge but I am not opposed to getting my hands dirty.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisfach4 View Post
    YES this is my exact issue more or less (you just said it in a way that makes sense). I have spent WAY too much time going down this rabbit hole, HOWEVER I have come to 2 (ish) conclusions.

1.The way that the seat moves does not allow me to take pressure off the ball of my foot, meaning I constantly feel like im having to "hold" my ankles/foot up as to not continue to accelerate. I can't find a good spot where I can just relax and cruise.

2. I am very seriously considering if there is anyway to find an 8 way power seat (from my research the crosstrek USED to have them UNTIL 2018? is my understanding in some models) and using that motor/bottom of the seat and keeping the top leather/stitching) like this video shows:
    Y'all might think me weird, but after 20 years of electrically controlled seats I am relieved to have the mechanical seat adjustment in my Trek (I also became tired of leather). There are way too many options with electric control. With electrical control, it would take me trying a setting, driving a bit, then readjusting to find the "sweet spot". Sometimes this took 2 or 3 tries. But then someone would drive my car (family members), adjust to their preferences and totally screw up my sweet spot sending me into another search mode to find that spot. So I like fewer position choices that the mechanical adjustments afford which make finding and re-finding my "spot" so much easier. If, for instance, my son wanted to drive my car, I would ask in the sternest of tones and looks (I *can* look scary) that he not mess with my seat settings.
    Last edited by Okie Hick; 04-12-2019 at 03:08 PM.
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek 2.0i Premium with Eyesight (aka Shrek)
    Quartz Blue Pearl

2014 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium (aka Obie)
    Ice Silver Metallic

6'4", 190# down, back 3" from the end and upright backrest is my favorite. I neVAr go higher than all the way down in any ride. Sometimes further back, sometimes more recline. I preferred the non electric seat of the '15 for adjustment. The wheel is so I can see the gauge, and the wheel hits my wrist with arm extended.

6’2” and 195 lbs. Seat all the way back and down with the steering wheel fully extended and down.

6'3 230lbs... I vary from a few notches from all the way back with the seat about half way up to all the way back and all the way up if I'm on trail. I tend to adjust a lot when driving so I don't get cramped, but I don't find all the way back and down comfortable - the wheel doesn't extend far enough for that...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2