Model Year 2018 and Newer 2019 cup holder solutions

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum – General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: 2019 cup holder solutions

2019 cup holder solutions

Maybe been asking hoping someone has a solution. The cup holders are two big and don't have anything to keep a cup of coffee in place and the cup shifts and I'm left with cleaning up after I get to the office. Any solutions I saw some silicone holders on amazon but not really anything to keep a cup in place.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Yes, they are too big and everything rattles about.

My wife made some cup cozies. They work great on travel mugs and fast food cups; they keep them nice and firm.

I sent a couple state side back in December.
    Last edited by Doca; 04-08-2019 at 11:35 PM.
    Audio mod manual: https://www.impreza5.com/forum/26-el...er-thread.html
    Crutchfield directions: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JV4...ub2Ssid9c/view

----

----
    18' Subaru Crosstrek "Stamford" - 29 Aug 17 -
    07' VW Rabbit "Bunny"- 4 Jan 07' - 30 Jun 17'
    94' Chev Beretta "Dirty B" - 24 Jun 96' - 4 Jan 07'
    85' Hyundai Stellar "Beast" - Mar 94' - Dec 95'

On Amazon, I saw some cup holder partitions that you can insert and have tabs stick out to make a snugger fit for smaller cups. Try searching for Subaru Cup Holder Partition or Partons on Amazon. I might give one of them a try and will report back...

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalXV View Post
    On Amazon, I saw some cup holder partitions that you can insert and have tabs stick out to make a snugger fit for smaller cups. Try searching for Subaru Cup Holder Partition or Partons on Amazon. I might give one of them a try and will report back...
    I see Subaru part number 92118AJ001, which isn't technically for the Crosstrek. But it's cheap enough and this problem is annoying enough that I might see if I can make it work (with mods if necessary) anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by hittheskids View Post
    I see Subaru part number 92118AJ001, which isn't technically for the Crosstrek. But it's cheap enough and this problem is annoying enough that I might see if I can make it work (with mods if necessary) anyway.
    That’s literally the partition between the two cup holders for some Subaru models. The XV cupholder looks like a one piece mould, it’s most likely 92118AJ001 won’t fit.

Just grab $10 worth of fabric and batting to stitch together up to 10-12 of these and the problem goes away. Give the extras to your friends...

Edit: stupid upside down iPad picture.

D3FAFF0C-5203-457A-AB2C-47F3A9AF62E8.jpg

As a bonus, if a bumpy road causes a spill, most of it gets absorbed by the cozies (none of it reaches the bottom mat) and it goes in the wash periodically.
    Last edited by Doca; 04-09-2019 at 09:03 PM.

----

----

Quote Originally Posted by Doca View Post
    That’s literally the partition between the two cup holders for some Subaru models. The XV cupholder looks like a one piece mould, it’s most likely 92118AJ001 won’t fit.
    I was/am hoping it could be hacked up to fit over the built-in partition between the two cup holder spots in the Crosstrek. But I can't tell how much space there is between the two main walls of this part.

And actually now that I think about it, even if this part could be slid over the existing partition in the Crosstrek, when the two spring-loaded tabs are pushed downward by a wide cup, the tabs may not have anywhere to go. There is a notch in the Crosstrek partition but it's not very wide.

Quote Originally Posted by hittheskids View Post
    I was/am hoping it could be hacked up to fit over the built-in partition between the two cup holder spots in the Crosstrek.... And actually now that I think about it ..l when the two spring-loaded tabs are pushed downward by a wide cup, the tabs may not have anywhere to go. There is a notch in the Crosstrek partition but it's not very wide.
    Yeah, sounds like a lot of work just to see it go bust. The amazon options are looking pretty good for those without a crafty wife in the house.

----

----

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalXV View Post
    Try searching for Subaru Cup Holder Partition or Partons on Amazon.
    I'd only search for that if I wanted really big cups.

Quote Originally Posted by Doca View Post
    Yeah, sounds like a lot of work just to see it go bust.
    Yeah, you know what I'm talkin' 'bout.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast