Model Year 2018 and Newer 2019 cup holder solutions - Page 2

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum – General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: 2019 cup holder solutions

The additional issue that I haven't seen mentioned here is the location of the seat warmer switches. If your cup slightly tips forward during driving, whatever you're drinking goes right into the switches and gums them up. My 2019 Crosstrek came "pre-gummed". Probably due to a previous test driver or dealership employee. I don't think they'd take my word for it that it wasn't me so it looks like I'm going to be taking my center console out to get at these switches and clean and/or replace them.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

That sucks, buddy. At least the process isn’t horrifyingly difficult.
    Audio mod manual: https://www.impreza5.com/forum/26-el...er-thread.html
    Crutchfield directions: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JV4...ub2Ssid9c/view

----

----
    18' Subaru Crosstrek "Stamford" - 29 Aug 17 -
    07' VW Rabbit "Bunny"- 4 Jan 07' - 30 Jun 17'
    94' Chev Beretta "Dirty B" - 24 Jun 96' - 4 Jan 07'
    85' Hyundai Stellar "Beast" - Mar 94' - Dec 95'

Quote Originally Posted by Steves1749 View Post
    I use these from Amazon. Works for me.

Dorman 41001 Cup Holder Insert https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004WLXRGC..._mCqRCb1VNSVT5
    I actually looked these up and wondered. Perfect I'll buy

I don't understand why the rear seat cupholders have the plastic to hold a cup in place. Bad design flaw IMO

As for where is spills its usually my ebrake as I always have my drink pointed towards me.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Get a bigger cup. The Yeti works great and keeps coffee hot for hours.

Check out Hydro Flask or Rtic cups. Rtic are just as good as Yeti and cost less. Yeti advertises the hell out of their products so advertising costs pushes up their prices.
    Wool When Wet Is Warm
    2018 Limited (S) Ice Silver Metallic, Package 23, CVT, August 11, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle View Post
    Check out Hydro Flask or Rtic cups. Rtic are just as good as Yeti and cost less. Yeti advertises the hell out of their products so advertising costs pushes up their prices.
    I disagree with that a little bit. Rtic is not 'just as good' as Yeti. They are similar but you can clearly see/feel the difference in quality that the Yeti has over the Rtic. I have both, a $50 Yeti and a $12 Rtic.. I'll be buying myself another Yeti for Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSubn View Post
    I disagree with that a little bit. Rtic is not 'just as good' as Yeti. They are similar but you can clearly see/feel the difference in quality that the Yeti has over the Rtic. I have both, a $50 Yeti and a $12 Rtic.. I'll be buying myself another Yeti for Christmas.
    I too have Rtic and Yeti products as well. I get mine through Pro Deals at work. I spend about 45 days a year camping from South Carolina to Maine. We bring a 45 litre Rtic and 45 litre Yeti cooler with us along with their tumblers and liquid containers . We also use Hydro Flasks. In our use the Rtic maintains the same interior temps and ice supply as the Yeti over 5 days. We actually measure the temps. This why I find no reason to pony up for Yeti. They make a great product. You can pick up a Yeti 45 litre cooler for $299.99 or an Rtic 45 for $239.00 (currently on sale for $191.00)
    Wool When Wet Is Warm
    2018 Limited (S) Ice Silver Metallic, Package 23, CVT, August 11, 2017

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2