Model Year 2018 and Newer problem pairing phone

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum – General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: problem pairing phone

problem pairing phone

Hello,

Just purchased 2019 Crosstrek

While my Consumer Cellular Alcatel Go Flip phone paired effortless

my wife's Consumer Cellular Doro 7050 will not pair

I realize that neither phone appears on the Subaru bluetooth compatibility tables

any thought on alternative approach to get wife's phone paired?

thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Have you contacted the phone's tech support? That would be the best place to start, AFTER looking in the phone's manual. The Bluetooth does not look like atotaly friendly version going by their manual .. pasted below. YOu must turn Bluetooth ON, and you must set it to be seen by other devices, turn OFF its privacy. It is not listed as compatible, so very wel may not be. You may have to use USB instead. Here is all they have on Bluetooth. And bear in mind, it is a cheap phone and may not have the best chipsets in it:

Activate Bluetooth1. Press Menu Settings Network & connectivityBluetooth.2. Select On to enable, or Off to disable.Bluetooth settingsVisible to All1. Press Menu Settings Network & connectivity Bluetooth Visible to All.2. Select On to make your device visible to other devices, or Off to beinvisible.3. Press Select to confirm.Note! To prevent other devices from finding your device, select Off. Even ifyou select Off, paired devices can still detect your device.My Phone's Name1. Press Menu Settings Network & connectivity Bluetooth My Phone's Name.2. Doro 7050 is displayed.3. If you want to change the name, select Rename my phone and enterthe new name.4. Press Save to save and your new name should appear for other Bluetooth devices.Nearby devicesSearch for available Bluetooth devices in your proximity.1. Press Menu Settings Network & connectivity Bluetooth Nearby devices.2. Select a device from the list and press Select to connect. When connecting to another Bluetooth device you may need to enter a password or confirm a shared key.Paired devicesAdd new devices or view saved.35English (US)1. Press Menu Settings Network & connectivity Bluetooth Paired devices.2. Select a device from the list and press Options:• Connect/Disconnect to connect/disconnect with the selecteddevice. This may require a profile, usually a headset.• Delete to delete the device from the list.• Delete all to delete all devices from the list.• Security to select an option.Audio path1. Press Menu Settings Network & connectivity Bluetooth Audio path:• Phone to answer incoming calls with the phone.• Forward BT to forward incoming calls to the Bluetooth device.2. Press Select to confirm.Security1. Press Menu Settings Network & connectivity Bluetooth Security:• Normal (All paired devices are allowed full access automatically.)• High (Confirmation may be needed for full access for paireddevices.)• Information2. Press OK to confirm.
    2018 Crosstrek 2.0i Premium, Sunshine Orange w/ Eyesight, Moonroof, Homelink Mirror, Change Assist, Blindspot Detection, Whippet in cargo area

Demand a new audio system

I have a new iPhone 6S and I have nothing but problems....its the damn Suburu system.....It took me four visits to the dealer...finally I am going to get a new radio....soon....I have an 2018 Crosstrek Premium.......anything wireless is going to be a problem...

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 500 Clear View Post
    I have a new iPhone 6S and I have nothing but problems....its the damn Suburu system.....It took me four visits to the dealer...finally I am going to get a new radio....soon....I have an 2018 Crosstrek Premium.......anything wireless is going to be a problem...
    While you seem to be very unhappy with your Crosstrek experience based on the 5 posts you have made, it may be more useful to the members here if you posted the fixes you were able to receive. It is unfortunate that your experience has been less than favorable. With that in mind, posting "Anything Wireless Is Going To Be A Problem" is not accurate. There are many happy owners who, for the most part, have not had the dissatisfying experience that you have. My 2018 Crosstrek with 20,000 miles has been trouble free. Once in a blue moon my iPhone does not connect on the first try. I know of no automotive manufacturer that has a trouble free head unit.

Hope you get your Crosstrek issues resolved. Would love to hear how it goes.
    Wool When Wet Is Warm
    2018 Limited (S) Ice Silver Metallic, Package 23, CVT, August 11, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by erader View Post
    i'm no spring chicken but i'm guessing neither are the people complaining
    And I am 72 years old and have no problem understanding tech. Too bad these people don't listen to suggestions, they just want to blame the car for their own inadequacies.

#1. If you are going to use Bluetooth, do NOT plug in USB.
    #2. If you are going to use USB, disable the phones Bluetooth.

YES, they will work together, sort of. But they will also fight over control. You make a phone call, and USB is plugged in and Bluetooth enabled. I don't care if iPhone or Android ... both are connecting the call and the signal is breaking between the two connection protocols. It's like having two Ethernet cards in a computer, both hooked up. they butt heads, or resources. It's like having two drivers fighting over the steering wheel, which one decides which way to turn it? If they work together correctly, fine. But if you have a problem between them controlling the same resources ... shut one down when using the other.

If it is equipment specific, the phone in use, contact their technical support, they know their product best. It has already been proven not to be the car as it works quite well for everyone else once they get the car on the latest firmware. But continuous complaining like 500 Clear will get him or her nowhere fast.
    2018 Crosstrek 2.0i Premium, Sunshine Orange w/ Eyesight, Moonroof, Homelink Mirror, Change Assist, Blindspot Detection, Whippet in cargo area

FWIW, I have a Pixel with what's probably the purest expression of Android and seems to require Bluetooth to be on when connected via USB. Early on, when I was having connection problems I tried turning it off based on some of the posts here and it would come back on when I plugged in.

It has been fine since the last couple of firmware updates.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AstroKats; 04-08-2019 at 05:42 AM.
    In honor of Félicette, the first cat in space!

2018 Dark Grey Crosstrek Limited "Véronique", w/EyeSight, Nav, etc. (Packages #3 & #23) HU firmware Rel_U0.18.43.20

Quote Originally Posted by AstroKats View Post
    FWIW, I have a Pixel with what's probably the purest expression of Android and seems to require Bluetooth to be on when connected via USB. Early on, when I was having connection problems I tried turning it off based on some of the posts here and it would come back on when I plugged in.

It has been fine since the last couple of firmware updates.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    This user states that he has an iPhone though. I know from experience that with iPhones that the Bluetooth and USB fight for control of the audio input and output when both are active. My car will switch output from car speakers to cell phone speakers on an ongoing basis. It does the same at home going from hearing aids to phone speaker when using the phone. And it makes sense as both are trying to manage the output source. I assumed the Android would do the same, though I have no Android experience. But as he does have an iPhone, he needs to seek their support.

Quote Originally Posted by erader View Post
    i'm no spring chicken but i'm guessing neither are the people complaining
    Assuming my sarcasmeter is working, you would probably be guessing wrong. The HU in the Crosstrek is utter garbage. How it even made it passed QC is beyond me. There have been several firmware updates to address issues and each update solves one problem while simultaneously introducing new ones. I'm actually hoping that Subaru can roll me back to a previous firmware version because I've now decided I can live with those bugs in comparison. They sure showed me.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKnack View Post
    And I am 72 years old and have no problem understanding tech. Too bad these people don't listen to suggestions, they just want to blame the car for their own inadequacies.

#1. If you are going to use Bluetooth, do NOT plug in USB.
    #2. If you are going to use USB, disable the phones Bluetooth.

YES, they will work together, sort of. But they will also fight over control. You make a phone call, and USB is plugged in and Bluetooth enabled. I don't care if iPhone or Android ... both are connecting the call and the signal is breaking between the two connection protocols. It's like having two Ethernet cards in a computer, both hooked up. they butt heads, or resources. It's like having two drivers fighting over the steering wheel, which one decides which way to turn it? If they work together correctly, fine. But if you have a problem between them controlling the same resources ... shut one down when using the other.

If it is equipment specific, the phone in use, contact their technical support, they know their product best. It has already been proven not to be the car as it works quite well for everyone else once they get the car on the latest firmware. But continuous complaining like 500 Clear will get him or her nowhere fast.
    and if you are going to use flip phones that are not listed as compatible be grateful that you're batting .500

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast