U.S. Model - center temp & mpg flashing - Page 2

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum – General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: U.S. Model - center temp & mpg flashing

Simlar to my off lease GTI, under 4 degrees it would bong at me, and flash the temp for 5 seconds, nice little warning!!!! Not that my beanie(toque) was an indication before i left the house, LOL

Cheers

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Hey Guys

I have the same kind of issue the average MPG flashes 100 at me did it twice today. I have no idea.

Scott
    Scott
    2014 XV Crosstrek CVT Dark metallic gray.
    Apexi airfilter
    Most LED lights
    Window tint
    Subtle Aluminum DP
    Kicker DS Speakers Front and Rear
    Upholstered Door inserts
    2014 Legacy Sport CVT crystal black

Quote Originally Posted by EAC View Post
    Hey Guys

I have the same kind of issue the average MPG flashes 100 at me did it twice today. I have no idea.

Scott
    Are you talking about when it flashes 1:00? That means you've been driving (or had the car running) for an hour straight.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

yup could'nt find any info on it . thank you.
    Scott
    2014 XV Crosstrek CVT Dark metallic gray.
    Apexi airfilter
    Most LED lights
    Window tint
    Subtle Aluminum DP
    Kicker DS Speakers Front and Rear
    Upholstered Door inserts
    2014 Legacy Sport CVT crystal black

Quote Originally Posted by runbadgerrun View Post
    I don't ever display mpg but the temp always flashes at least once at around 37 or below. I believe is to warn you that it is cold enough that there could be ice on the road. Not sure why avg mpg would flash though. Also the trip timer will also flash on at an hour. Whether you are displaying it or not. Super weird choice by the programmers.
    Well I too had noticed this same thing with my MPG flashing about 4-5 times at a gentle (not urgent) flashing rate. Finally remembered to try searching this forum and landed on this older thread. Noticed it happen again
    yesterday, was mostly wondering about the MPG flashing a few times but also had the temp flash on me yesterday and now that you mention it, I believe it WAS at 37° at the time.
    And I have noticed the 1:00 elapsed time flash one too, now that I see it mentioned. Curious.

I noticed the temp flash yesterday for the first time - at 37 degrees.

The "drive time clock" (or whatever it's actually called) will flash at the hour mark as well.

A minor FYI: the drive time clock will flash a "2:00" after 2 straight hours. And a "3:00" after three. Thank goodness I've never discovered if it will flash "4:00."

Today my 2018 CrossTrek started throwing random numbers every few seconds on the average mpg display. It now puts up three dashes if the car isn't moving. I've never reset the trip odometer; today, it dumped 10,000 miles with the odometer reading 10, 864 and the trip odometer reading 864. Any ideas about possible re-sets, etc. Being less than a year old and only 10,000 miles, wouldn't it be a warranty repair?

Quote Originally Posted by doctorbob View Post
    Today my 2018 CrossTrek started throwing random numbers every few seconds on the average mpg display. It now puts up three dashes if the car isn't moving. I've never reset the trip odometer; today, it dumped 10,000 miles with the odometer reading 10, 864 and the trip odometer reading 864. Any ideas about possible re-sets, etc. Being less than a year old and only 10,000 miles, wouldn't it be a warranty repair?
    If it's still under warranty, just take it in.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2