Model Year 2018 and Newer Subaru floor liners or mats, vs Weathertech or other... - Page 8

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum – General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Subaru floor liners or mats, vs Weathertech or other...

I have the weathertechs in my XTrek and had them in my WRX(s)/OB/LGT/all the cars previously. For my Wife's XT I went with the Husky's for the winter months, then swap to the Maxpider 3d's in the spring/summer months. I think the weathertechs look nicer, but the huskies are more flexible, which translates a bit into comfort.
    The Maxpider 3Ds are AWESOME. They stick well, have a bit of give to them, and look great. I haven't had to clean them in winter conditions though, so not sure on that. I've read they clean easy though. I'll prob do the same thing as the XT and pick up a set for the coming thaw.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

I just wanted to add that I have the Subaru factory rubber weather mats and was less then thrilled with them. The coverage was not enough and it let sand and mud under the mat and onto the carpet. I have changed to the Husky mats and they look great and have exactly the coverage I wanted.

Just trying to add to the collective knowledge....

Thanks... Kevin

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

I used to go dog racing and lure coursing in muddy fields with my RAV4. I was definitely a Weathertech fanboy! Of course we don't get much snow in SoCal, so never got to try that out. But for mud ... Weathertechs ROCK
    2018 Crosstrek 2.0i Premium, Sunshine Orange w/ Eyesight, Moonroof, Homelink Mirror, Change Assist, Blindspot Detection, Whippet in cargo area

I prefer the Husky since they cover more and more flexible. But I am disappointed that they offer no rear floor coverage for the Crosstrek. I do have a set of Weathertechs in my Forester and they do the job. They are thinner and stiffer - but still definitely better than the OEM mats IMO.

Got a few weeks to decide which set I want before vehicle is delivered.

Quote Originally Posted by tibadoe View Post
    I prefer the Husky since they cover more and more flexible. But I am disappointed that they offer no rear floor coverage for the Crosstrek. I do have a set of Weathertechs in my Forester and they do the job. They are thinner and stiffer - but still definitely better than the OEM mats IMO.

Got a few weeks to decide which set I want before vehicle is delivered.
    Odd that you can't get the Huskies for the rear, I purchased both for MY 18 fit great, dealer tried to sell me on the OE rubber ones, told them to sell them to someone else
    “Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not living in eternity. We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand--and melting like a snowflake...”
    Francis Bacon

2018 Sunshine Orange Cross Trek Sport (Can) 6 MT "Tigger" 170-6x7 Fast Shibuya 42 mm Bronze wheels, Nokian Rotiiva AT 215-70-16 tires

"In loving memory of my partner of 40 years Tuula RIP Pooks"

Subaru floor liners or mats, vs Weathertech or other...

Mine came with the Subaru rubber mats, but as noted in many previous posts they just didn’t cover enough in snow country (the sand man!). Plus, whenever my wife rides in it, the passenger mat always slid way forward. Needed something that’s stiff enough to stay put. So got front and rear coverage with weathertechs. I really like having the carpet covered over the rear hump. And no more mat sliding forward in the passenger front.

In looking at the picture of the weathertech mats I was reminded of another advantage of the husky mats for me. The fuel release latch is completely covered. The Husky has a outline so you can cut slots to make an access flap if you choose. I left mine uncut and just reach under the mat to flip the lever. I really like how the uncut mat seals off the gas lever completely as it was getting full of sand/ mud/ dirt before.

^ And that was one reason I didn’t go with the husky mats. I was literally flipping back and forth on the phone looking at pictures of both to decide.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8