Model Year 2018 and Newer Dynamat - Crosstrek Limited 2018 - Page 3

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum – General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Dynamat - Crosstrek Limited 2018

I thought when i did the sound deadening about removing them..... as I want to custom stitch them with orange similar to the WRX stitching and need them to be removed to do this. GREAT VIDEO i need to scour the internet more..... thanks I need to remove Door Cards again to see what the prognosis might be....... I may have to be cruel to be kind.........

IMG_6702_zpsubby9xqs.jpg

Moto your THULE roof rack.... I have mine about to be replaced under warranty due to the plastic straps that wrap around the Factory roof bars cracking and the plastic giving way...... Eblens Subaru are on it and need to take it in..... anyone else across the world had this issue at all?? the wrap around p right underneath the main mounting assembly have been reassured the plastic strap is actually encasing metal straps under neath...... was worried when i noticed it last week and put a wave board on my rood often among other things........

481937_sized_1800x1200_rev_1.jpg
    Last edited by Joffa; 04-25-2019 at 01:53 AM.
    Subaru XV S MY17
    Crystal White Pearl
    CVT Auto

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Joffa View Post
    I agree rlouie, I researched and watched YT vids and then decided to buy my SD form Alliexpress. I bought Acetate silver backed and the other black Acetate look and did Silver backed in my Door skins (KICKER UPGRADE) and the black acetate type on the inside of my Doors that the door card panels attach to, I figured it would be better and the Professionals on YT seem to know their stuff..... I also attached foam rings to my speakers when mounting them with adapter plates. An afternoon and about $100 in total including some accessories to do the job etc. SOUND IS WAAAAAAAY better with the new Kickers although standard Starlink Nav system is a little lacking in amp power but I installed an under seat Kicker hideaway sub and this helps alot. And any road noise now I cant hear above the thump thump as I like to have it loud.........The sound deadener does make a huge difference to me anyway and im thinking of doing more in other areas of the car like the rear cargo area, although I think the XV is very quiet anyway...... although that may change when I custom fit a new dual out exhaust.........

PS anyone seen any threads on how to remove door card insert trim pieces?? (the leather insert bits that are attached to the Door Card Panels)
    If you haven't done the hatch area, I would suggest that you do... Also, the roof is great as well. But with the roof, I would use more of an insulated foam (or Winter jacket type of insulation from a fabric supply store) than anything else as it would add much neede heat insulation from the Summer sun. And while you are at it, I would put the same stuff in the doors as well as the hatch area. I found that once thermal insulation was used, the air temperatures in the cabin was much more consistent.

once you have one door's sound deadener measured and cut, flip the piece(s) over and trace it out on the fresh roll of material. Then cut the traced part out and you have a mirror image for the door on the opposite of the car. Makes things faster vs working on one door at a time. I did all four doors in my build thread (pics). Directly behind the speakers on the inside of the outside skin of the car I put an 8x11 inch piece of dynamat/fatmat to help vibes/sound. On top of that I added a layer of foam to break up the soundwaves behind the speaker and help sound quality.

I apply the material from the top down so any overlap is on the inside where water will drip down (inside door) and out the drain holes. If the overlap is the opposite direction water could lay on the edge of the seam inside the door potentially leaking. Use a roller like a mad man. wear gloves if you are smoothing places by hand. Edges are sharp.

ask me how I know.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3