Model Year 2018 and Newer Dynamat - Crosstrek Limited 2018 - Page 2

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum – General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Dynamat - Crosstrek Limited 2018

Well I got the top of the line trim wise with the HK speakers but I want greater improvement .. just like the big sub I have in the 2016 and the dynmate came out great.
    anyways will keep you posted it comes in today. so I will install over the weekend hopefully

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Installed the stuff today came out really well. Didn’t take many do it yourself type pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rlouie View Post
    Before buying all of that Dynomat, I would suggest, if you haven't already, look at https://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/ - not because they have better prices or products or that I support them, but they have some good information on the different types of sound deadening and what they are good for. After all, if you are going to go through all of that trouble to sound deaden a car, then you should make the most out of your time doing the work!

Especially interesting is the 3 different types of materials and how they each handle 3 different jobs.
    Thanks for the link. I intended to do this to my '19. The wind noise with one bike rack is bad enough that I can't hear my toddler talking to me from the back seat. This business seems to have closed down in Feb. The how-to's are still up though.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by moto View Post
    Thanks for the link. I intended to do this to my '19. The wind noise with one bike rack is bad enough that I can't hear my toddler talking to me from the back seat. This business seems to have closed down in Feb. The how-to's are still up though.
    Welcome to the forum!

It seems that selling sound deadening is a good business that you can retire from!

Is your bike rack mounted on the roof?

Also curious about this on my 19

I had done my old 05 rav4 and I think it was worth it, my 19 is pretty quiet but with a saturday afternoon if it gets quieter, then why not...

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by xconverge View Post
    Also curious about this on my 19

I had done my old 05 rav4 and I think it was worth it, my 19 is pretty quiet but with a saturday afternoon if it gets quieter, then why not...
    Acceptable noise level is always relative to what your previous experiences have been. Most cars will benefit from some level of sound deadening and if done properly and DIY, it will cost less than $100 in materials. Unfortunately, the big names that sell sound deadening - ie Dynamat - do their best to advertise that you need to spend a whole lot on their product in order to get it done.

I agree rlouie, I researched and watched YT vids and then decided to buy my SD form Alliexpress. I bought Acetate silver backed and the other black Acetate look and did Silver backed in my Door skins (KICKER UPGRADE) and the black acetate type on the inside of my Doors that the door card panels attach to, I figured it would be better and the Professionals on YT seem to know their stuff..... I also attached foam rings to my speakers when mounting them with adapter plates. An afternoon and about $100 in total including some accessories to do the job etc. SOUND IS WAAAAAAAY better with the new Kickers although standard Starlink Nav system is a little lacking in amp power but I installed an under seat Kicker hideaway sub and this helps alot. And any road noise now I cant hear above the thump thump as I like to have it loud.........The sound deadener does make a huge difference to me anyway and im thinking of doing more in other areas of the car like the rear cargo area, although I think the XV is very quiet anyway...... although that may change when I custom fit a new dual out exhaust.........

PS anyone seen any threads on how to remove door card insert trim pieces?? (the leather insert bits that are attached to the Door Card Panels)
    Last edited by Joffa; 04-24-2019 at 11:45 PM.
    Subaru XV S MY17
    Crystal White Pearl
    CVT Auto

Thank you, glad to be here!...and yes, I had one Thule universal roof rack left in the garage, so I threw it on. I am still back and forth as to whether or not I will try to stick with that, or put a hitch on it and use my hitch rack. That would probably be an easy choice for me if it weren't for the back up camera, but I hate to obscure it. So, I'm thinking I'm going to Dynamat the doors and roof and see how much of a difference I can make.

Quote Originally Posted by Joffa View Post
    PS anyone seen any threads on how to remove door card insert trim pieces?? (the leather insert bits that are attached to the Door Card Panels)
    I've yet to take the XV's door panels off yet, but almost all door skins are heat staked together. This means that plastic pegs in the door are melted down and together with something like an industrial soldering iron (which is what I use to repair broken door skins). To remove that piece, you usually have to dremel off stake, but it's a one shot deal. Going back together, you may have to do some hunting to find the right screws and/or adhesives. Here's what it looks like:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast