Model Year 2018 and Newer Blown motor 97 mi on odometer, new car - Page 3

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum – General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Blown motor 97 mi on odometer, new car

Quote Originally Posted by rlouie View Post
    The engine fires are reserved for that other brand....
    But aren’t those all “electrical” fires?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

The "full" story is below from what appeared to be concerned service manager types. They had received a call from Subaru of America relaying my concerns. They explained that the check engine light code BEFORE I took delivery of the car was p2017 for a faulty "sensor". The technician disconnected the gas hose to replace the sensor. On reconnect, he is supposed to make the hose clamp click twice. He said it only clicked once, and caused the scary disconnect. And gas spraying all over inside the engine compartment. They said they thoroughly cleaned the compartment, but that there would be some gas smell for a couple days. And no damage to other components.

48 hours later, hood open all night inside and open now on a sunny breezy day, there is still a little gas odor outside the car. Inside the car with the windows closed, I'm guessing the new car smell is blending with minor gas smell, and is dramatically less that Friday evening. It's liveable.

I expect to go back to the dealer tomorrow to negotiate for a 10 year, 100,000 mile Subaru of America transferable warranty and maybe free oil changes for a couple years. The current 100,000 mile warranty is from the dealer who may not be in business in 6 years. Any other suggestions??

Quote Originally Posted by JeffWind View Post
    For my personal trauma having survived the highway incident, I would like something in return.
    That's not going to happen.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by defaultuser View Post
    That's not going to happen.
    Most people have a hard time saying "I suffered emotional trauma" and keeping a straight face but lawyers are very good at saying "my client suffered emotional trauma".

Quote Originally Posted by Rod H View Post
    Most people have a hard time saying "I suffered emotional trauma" and keeping a straight face but lawyers are very good at saying "my client suffered emotional trauma".
    Too true, although it seems JeffWind deserves something. Probably better to point to potential future losses rather than emotional distress, LOL.

Ours had an immobilizer installed and the ignition wiring harness had been cut. I was furious and demanded a new harness and a 10 year warranty or a different car. Turns out the harness is huge and costs a fortune, so we settled for a repair, an additional discount (an actual check from the dealer) and the warranty, based on the facts that it could have invalidated the warranty, could decrease the resale value, and we might get stuck halfway up a mountain if the crappy immobilizer failed.
    In honor of Félicette, the first cat in space!

2018 Dark Grey Crosstrek Limited "Véronique", w/EyeSight, Nav, etc. (Packages #3 & #23) HU firmware Rel_U0.18.43.20

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3