Applies to All Model Years FUMOTO Valve — Yay or Nay???

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum – General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: FUMOTO Valve — Yay or Nay???

FUMOTO Valve — Yay or Nay???

Who has one installed? Any issues?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Yea! I have not installed on the Crosstrek yet because the dealer will be doing oil changes until 2021.

But I have put them on 2 Camrys, a Corolla, a Grand Cherokee, and a Murano. Well worth it. No issues at all.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Yea! Takes a little longer to drain, but at least the 0W20 goes where I want it to (not on me or the driveway).

artosa
    '18 Premium DGM Low-tech, "StealthGeezer"
    "I'm not an expert at anything" and "Perspective is Everything"

I went against the advice of people here and installed one.

I've had them in my Jeeps for untold thousands of miles. The one in my Subaru just went in when I did my oil change about 3-4 weeks ago.

Despite all of the wailing and gnashing of teeth about how risky they are, so far I have been extremely lucky. They haven't leaked a single drop. Nor have they spontaneously popped open when the wind hit them the wrong way. With all of the warnings, I fully expected that they would have changed my radio presets, fraudulently charged my credit card at a Nevada cathouse, pushed my elderly mother down the stairs, defrauded my mail in ballot, smuggled 10 keys of Peruvian blow in my spare tire space, and run a child sex trafficking ring in the non-existent basement of a pizza parlor.

However, none of that has happened yet. Just thousands upon thousands of miles of trouble free service.

Yes.

I'm sick of getting myself and my driveway covered in oil, and bought a Fumoto F108S that I will install at the first oil change for my new(ish) XV. I decided to go with the short (S) nipple version to keep it low profile and minimize any torque on the unit should it ever get caught on something while driving.

I installed one one the Crosstrek on my last oil change. Have a bit over 1,000 miles on it with zero issues.

I also had one installed on my WRX for years, and still currently have one on my STi for the last several years as well.

I have not installed one on my Crosstrek yet, but plan to. I have had one on my 2005 Dodge Ram Diesel for 13 yrs. Not one drop of oil and easy to use. Plus, you can attach a plastic hose to it and direct the flow right into your container. Highly recommended.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by derf View Post
    I went against the advice of people here and installed one.

I've had them in my Jeeps for untold thousands of miles. The one in my Subaru just went in when I did my oil change about 3-4 weeks ago.

Despite all of the wailing and gnashing of teeth about how risky they are, so far I have been extremely lucky. They haven't leaked a single drop. Nor have they spontaneously popped open when the wind hit them the wrong way. With all of the warnings, I fully expected that they would have changed my radio presets, fraudulently charged my credit card at a Nevada cathouse, pushed my elderly mother down the stairs, defrauded my mail in ballot, smuggled 10 keys of Peruvian blow in my spare tire space, and run a child sex trafficking ring in the non-existent basement of a pizza parlor.

However, none of that has happened yet. Just thousands upon thousands of miles of trouble free service.
    Going "against the advice of poeple here" is a bit of an overstatement isn't? After all, many of the members here do have them installed and had no issues with them. I don't believe this forum is anti-fumoto valve but rather a vocal minority who have fears of things may happen but may not have had any real experience with them.

Agreed Richard. I would also say the majority here instal the Fumoto valve (self included). There will always be the Chicken Littles - "The Sky Is Falling" around. If the OP does a little digging they will find a thread on it. Regardless of the ambient temp outside, the oil flows just fine out of the valve when the engine is warm.
    Wool When Wet Is Warm
    2018 Limited (S) Ice Silver Metallic, Package 23, CVT, August 11, 2017

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast