LED Delay, can't lock car immediately

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum – General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

LED Delay, can't lock car immediately

Hello,

I recently install all LED I purchase from Diode Dynamics inside my interior. After a couple of days I notice the trunk and dome light would stay on for maybe 15 to 20 second after I shut my trunk. This would cause a delay where I am unable to lock my car remotely until the light has faded to off. This issue comes and go, some day it will be fine. What would be causing the LED to have a delay before it fades to off?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

The lights are designed to stay on and then fade to off but only after you have locked the car

Seems to be the trunk light causing it, I turned it off and the problem went away. I will put the factory light bulb back tomorrow and see if the problem persist or not.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by B_Ross View Post
    The lights are designed to stay on and then fade to off but only after you have locked the car
    Yes I notice that, however I'm unable to lock the car immediately until the light fades off. Strange thing is if I unlock just the driver door the problem doesn't happen all the time, although it did happen to be this morning at work. When I unlock just the trunk, that's when the problem is consistent, I don't know if it's dome light or the trunk light or if both can't be on at the same time because when I turn off the trunk light the problem goes away. I search the forum and found someone else had the same issue but it was LED from a different vendor. http://www.subaruxvforum.com/forum/p...ay-remote.html

I had the same problem. I chose the highest led output and it is bright. I just turn it on manually when I need it.

Subaru wired the Trunk/hatch light oddly. Had the same issue with the DD HP5 bulb.

Their light strip doesn't cause this issue. I wired it in, MUCH more light and able to supply some to the right side better.

Also had this problem with a LED in the hatch area. I've read that some LEDs will cause a lock delay and some wont. You might want to try a CAN-BUS LED bulb and see if that helps.

I've wondered about many of these led light assemblies. Some are simple and consist of an led and a current limiting resistor while other assemblies have high frequency switch mode circuitry with inductors and capacitors that store energy. I've wondered if after use of these type of lamps if there is enough voltage / current / energy stored within these components to where the energy backfeeds into other circuitry and therefore causes other circuits to believe they are still energized until the stored energy is consumed up and then work properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    Hello,

I recently install all LED I purchase from Diode Dynamics inside my interior. After a couple of days I notice the trunk and dome light would stay on for maybe 15 to 20 second after I shut my trunk. This would cause a delay where I am unable to lock my car remotely until the light has faded to off. This issue comes and go, some day it will be fine. What would be causing the LED to have a delay before it fades to off?
    I have the cargo led from Diode Dynamics and have not encountered any problems for a year now. This is the DD part # I have.... 1xboard_SMD6W

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast