Dome light fail ...

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum – General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Dome light fail ...

Thumbs upDome light fail ...

I ordered a dome light and trunk light and the trunk one was a snap to put in but the dome light would only kind fit if I bent back the metal tabs (so it could fit in the round opening ... but then when I snapped the cover back in place the bulb would just pop out ...

I have a 2016 so I'm not sure if they changed something ... so the factory bulb is now back in place ...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

I did the same thing, the bending back the tabs a little bit, but didn't have them pop out after snapping the cover back in. I too have a 2016 Crosstrek. Maybe you bent the tabs a little too far?
    2016 Crosstrek Ltd with Moon/Nav/Push Button Start/EyeSight Hyper Blue - Code name: Blue Leader
    OEM Acc: Electrochromic/Homelink/Compass Mirror; Body Side Moldings, Rear Bumper Protector, Seatback protectors; STI Flexible Strut Tower Brace, STI Spoiler
    3rd Party Acc: WeatherTech Digifit Floor Liners; Billet Aluminum oil cap; SSD Alternator Cover and CAI; Diode Dynamics int. LEDs, boomerangs, rev/plate lights & HID headlights; K&N Air Filter; Mishimoto silicone coolant hoses; Silblade wipers

damn, i just ordered that bulb (along with several others) for my 2016.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

okay ... the 4th time is the charm ... it is now in ...

Before

After

Quote Originally Posted by xmxer#51 View Post
    damn, i just ordered that bulb (along with several others) for my 2016.
    I ordered and have installed for my 2016 Crosstrek, dome, map, cargo and license plate lights. All of them work great. I have on order (to be delivered this week) boomerang LEDs as well.
    2016 Crosstrek Ltd with Moon/Nav/Push Button Start/EyeSight Hyper Blue - Code name: Blue Leader
    OEM Acc: Electrochromic/Homelink/Compass Mirror; Body Side Moldings, Rear Bumper Protector, Seatback protectors; STI Flexible Strut Tower Brace, STI Spoiler
    3rd Party Acc: WeatherTech Digifit Floor Liners; Billet Aluminum oil cap; SSD Alternator Cover and CAI; Diode Dynamics int. LEDs, boomerangs, rev/plate lights & HID headlights; K&N Air Filter; Mishimoto silicone coolant hoses; Silblade wipers

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo-2k View Post
    I ordered a dome light and trunk light and the trunk one was a snap to put in but the dome light would only kind fit if I bent back the metal tabs (so it could fit in the round opening ... but then when I snapped the cover back in place the bulb would just pop out ...

I have a 2016 so I'm not sure if they changed something ... so the factory bulb is now back in place ...
    The festoon bulbs do require slight adjustment sometimes, depending on how tight the socket is. It should be pretty tight though, so the bulb doesn't bounce out!

I'm glad to hear you got it sorted. Please feel free to shoot us a PM or email if you have any more trouble!

Thanks!

Well it looks like the dome light made it 2 weeks before one of the LEDs in the bulb started flickering.

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo-2k View Post
    Well it looks like the dome light made it 2 weeks before one of the LEDs in the bulb started flickering.
    This is not what I really wanted to read 10 minutes after replacing all my interior overhead bulbs with LEDs. I hope mine will last a bit longer.

Quote Originally Posted by threegs View Post
    This is not what I really wanted to read 10 minutes after replacing all my interior overhead bulbs with LEDs. I hope mine will last a bit longer.
    I've had mine in for two years now ... they still shine like new.

Sounds like you need to check the socket and make sure the bulbs are installed securely. If the bulb is loose in the socket, it would cause flickering to occur.

I suggest bending the metal tabs in to make sure the bulb is securely seated in the socket.

If you are still having issues, please give us a call: (314) 205-3033

Subaru hasn't made any significant changes to their interior lighting on the Outback, Forester, XV, WRX, or WRX STI in 2016 FWIW

Nick C.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast