Diode Dynamics Lighting Tech 101: Research Automotive Lighting Technology

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum – General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Diode Dynamics Lighting Tech 101: Research Automotive Lighting Technology

PostDiode Dynamics Lighting Tech 101: Research Automotive Lighting Technology

Research Automotive Lighting

At Diode Dynamics, we want our fellow Subaru XV Crosstrek enthusiasts to be educated on automotive lighting products, so that they know they are purchasing the best products on the market. We have devoted this portion of our website to doing just that. Here you'll find information on different automotive lighting technologies, how they work and common misconceptions you'll see while shopping for your vehicle. We hope you enjoy learning all about lighting!

Any questions? Email us at [email protected] or call: (314) 205-3033

*PM us for the free-shipping code* (U.S. forum members only)

Thanks!
    Nick C.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Some more exciting new things happening at Diode! We have recently invested in a state-of-the-art ROMER coordinate measuring machine and 3D printer, allowing us to bring new products to market quicker than ever before. Check out the link to our recent blog post below for the full write-up!

Automotive Lighting Designer Ramps Up Manufacturing at St. Louis Facility | Diode Blog

Thanks!
    Nick C.

I have often wondered why people buy HIDs and LEDs with a color temp over 4500K?? After using both HID and LED in the offroad world, well...4500K is as high as I would ever go.
    2015 XVR 5 spd
    Modifications:
    K&N drop in.
    5" axleback Exhaust from Nameless Performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Freak View Post
    I have often wondered why people buy HIDs and LEDs with a color temp over 4500K?? After using both HID and LED in the offroad world, well...4500K is as high as I would ever go.
    While 4000K-4500K are what most OEM manufacturers use for HIDs, I personally prefer the 5000K color temperature.

Anytime a vehicle is equipped with an LED array from the factory, they will usually be around 5000-5500K in color, which can clash a bit with the yellowish appearance of 4000K.

You won't lose a noticeable amount of visible output from 4K-5K

Nick C.

Meet our newest LED bulb replacement, the HP48:

Available in 1156/7 - 3156/7 - 7440/3 sizes

I'm trying not to spend money on spotlights for my XV, as most of my night driving is done where I need great spread and not huge distance. Obviously there are times when long distance spots would be very handy but it's not too often. wondering what my best option would be for upgrading my high beams? will a 4300K HID kit provide good spread and better distance than the stock high beams? I have an XV with factory HID low's so wanting to match the colour of these as much as possible, however I'm willing to change colour completely if it will mean more distance and spread. I'm also willing and able to upgrade wiring to accommodate higher heat if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by sf502 View Post
    I'm trying not to spend money on spotlights for my XV, as most of my night driving is done where I need great spread and not huge distance. Obviously there are times when long distance spots would be very handy but it's not too often. wondering what my best option would be for upgrading my high beams? will a 4300K HID kit provide good spread and better distance than the stock high beams? I have an XV with factory HID low's so wanting to match the colour of these as much as possible, however I'm willing to change colour completely if it will mean more distance and spread. I'm also willing and able to upgrade wiring to accommodate higher heat if needed.
    If you are doing a lot of backroads driving, a 4300K HID conversion kit would be ideal for your high beams. They will produce significantly more usable output than your factory halogen bulbs, while maintaining a wide output pattern.

HID kits will create additional glare, but if you aren't on heavily populated roads, that's not going to cause any issues

You won't have to worry about any heat related issues either

Feel free to send us a PM if you would like more information

Thanks!
    Nick C.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast